Prorock 60 /80 combo

xflstl

Im looking to order prorocks front and rear soon. Any advise as to what options to make sure I get or any options to stay away from?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If you havent already, you should check out Moby's build thread. That is the combo they are rocking on their jeep.

Loading please wait....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im looking to order prorocks front and rear soon. Any advise as to what options to make sure I get or any options to stay away from?

Can't really order up a ProRock 80 wrong. It'll come 8-lug and with full float shafts and really, that's about all I would have recommended you get if you were looking at a 60. Up front, I personally would recommend that you get the Dynaloc hubs and competition Foote shafts with CTM u-joints. Also, look into the EVO spec steering.

xflstl

Can't really order up a ProRock 80 wrong. It'll come 8-lug and with full float shafts and really, that's about all I would have recommended you get if you were looking at a 60. Up front, I personally would recommend that you get the Dynaloc hubs and competition Foote shafts with CTM u-joints. Also, look into the EVO spec steering.
Any opinions on the wall thickness of the tubes, or the oba option, or the yoke options. Currently still running the stock rubi tcase, with 1350 ujoints on the drive shafts / yokes..
My assumption is the thicker 1/2" tube walls and forget the oba as I already have.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any opinions on the wall thickness of the tubes, or the oba option.
My assumption is the thicker 1/2" tube walls and forget the oba as I already have.

1/2" tubes weren't available when I got mine and so far, I haven't felt the need for them. However, being that they are now available, I might recommend that you do get them. I too would forget the OBA.

First of all, thank you for your confidence, and for choosing Dynatrac.

The ProRock 80 comes very complete. If it was my own Jeep I would stick with the standard wall tubes which are .25” thick. They are 4.0” in diameter, which gives them 34% more strength than the typical Dana 60 rear 3.125” x .500” wall. Most ¾-ton pickup rears were only 3.125” x .313” wall, full-floats. 4.0” is big tubing, and while nothing is indestructible, I doubt you need the thick wall.

40-spline shafts, big disc brakes, heat treated cromoly spindles, 11.25” ring gear, diff of your choice, and full-float are standard on the ProRock 80. This is the rear end that will take you through the next 10 years and beyond of any 4x4 technology to come.

The ProRock 60 front has a bunch of options. Nobody offers more options than Dynatrac. If it was my Jeep, I would get:
- Stub Hub with heat treated spindles.
- DynaLoc Locking Hubs (3x+ stronger than any other)
- Dynatrac Ball Joints. Much better than the stock F-350 ball joints which are standard. Rebuildable too.
- The 14.5” front disc brake is massive and awesome. Cost a bit more more, but is unmatched in stopping capability. It uses off-the-shelf rotors, calipers, and pads for low cost maintenance.
- If you’re on a budget, the standard 1480 shafts are excellent, so don’t feel like you need to get every option. You can weigh the cost/benefit of upgrading to our Comp-Alloy 1480 shafts with CTM U-joints, or RCV shafts. The RCV shafts are becoming very popular these days.
- Depending on your suspension there are a couple of ways to go on steering. EVO has a great set-up for that.

Our job is to get you into the best value package, NOT upsell you. We don’t want you to be under equipped, or loaded up with more than you need. Call in and talk to our guys. We’re happy to cut multiple quotes, and spend as much time with you as you want.

Sorry, but I was not sure what OBA was??

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
First of all, thank you for your confidence, and for choosing Dynatrac.

The ProRock 80 comes very complete. If it was my own Jeep I would stick with the standard wall tubes which are .25” thick. They are 4.0” in diameter, which gives them 34% more strength than the typical Dana 60 rear 3.125” x .500” wall. Most ¾-ton pickup rears were only 3.125” x .313” wall, full-floats. 4.0” is big tubing, and while nothing is indestructible, I doubt you need the thick wall.

40-spline shafts, big disc brakes, heat treated cromoly spindles, 11.25” ring gear, diff of your choice, and full-float are standard on the ProRock 80. This is the rear end that will take you through the next 10 years and beyond of any 4x4 technology to come.

The ProRock 60 front has a bunch of options. Nobody offers more options than Dynatrac. If it was my Jeep, I would get:
- Stub Hub with heat treated spindles.
- DynaLoc Locking Hubs (3x+ stronger than any other)
- Dynatrac Ball Joints. Much better than the stock F-350 ball joints which are standard. Rebuildable too.
- The 14.5” front disc brake is massive and awesome. Cost a bit more more, but is unmatched in stopping capability. It uses off-the-shelf rotors, calipers, and pads for low cost maintenance.
- If you’re on a budget, the standard 1480 shafts are excellent, so don’t feel like you need to get every option. You can weigh the cost/benefit of upgrading to our Comp-Alloy 1480 shafts with CTM U-joints, or RCV shafts. The RCV shafts are becoming very popular these days.
- Depending on your suspension there are a couple of ways to go on steering. EVO has a great set-up for that.

Our job is to get you into the best value package, NOT upsell you. We don’t want you to be under equipped, or loaded up with more than you need. Call in and talk to our guys. We’re happy to cut multiple quotes, and spend as much time with you as you want.

Sorry, but I was not sure what OBA was??

OBA is usually "on board air" but in this thread, Im not 100% sure that is what they are referring to.

Don't want to fully derail the thread, but I was watching an episode of topgear (specifically the Brabus 6x6 monster) and curious, is it possible to have a dyna axle equipped with that tasty inflate/deflate button, so that you can air up/down right from the cab?

OBA is usually "on board air" but in this thread, Im not 100% sure that is what they are referring to.

Don't want to fully derail the thread, but I was watching an episode of topgear (specifically the Brabus 6x6 monster) and curious, is it possible to have a dyna axle equipped with that tasty inflate/deflate button, so that you can air up/down right from the cab?

Not today. Thats all I can say.

Top Bottom