which exhaust system for 2012 2 door jk rubi

Hello.

Which exhaust system is recommended to replace the stock system.?
The 2 I'm interested in are:
1 version is the rock krawler one. I believe there is another one that dumps out in front of the rear axle.

Is there an advantage running 1 over the other?

What's the rightpart number?
Where can I buy?

Thx in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello.

Which exhaust system is recommended to replace the stock system.?
The 2 I'm interested in are:
1 version is the rock krawler one. I believe there is another one that dumps out in front of the rear axle.

Is there an advantage running 1 over the other?

What's the rightpart number?
Where can I buy?

Thx in advance.

so here are the two you are looking at

Rock crawler
http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39323.html
Evolution
http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39321.html

both are great systems. i run the rock crawler on my 2011 2 door and LOVE the sound. also for the 1st time this past weekend heard the evolution in person and it purred the same as my rock crawler but louder and a little throatier. if i could run the evolution one in PA legaly its the way i would go. none the less im still happy with the rock crawler.

as for where to buy, the cheapest i found was amazon by $40 easily plus free shipping on top of that over anyone.

Coz saves the day again.... :)
:beer:

For a 2 door I would run the "rock crawler" system. P/N #39524
If you want you can run the Evolution system (P/N 39522), but it is not a direct fit. You will need to make a 2.5" cut so that the exhaust dumps a little earlier.
Also check your state laws, some states require a "dump" out the back, FYI.

I don't know the real difference between the two other than one dumps out in front of the rear axle and the other has an extension to the back...right? Plus one is louder. Is it obnoxious?

Just need to know what's the advantage of 1 over the other? Seems the evolution is moe betta for clearance issues.?

Sorry for the dumb questions. ..really appreciate your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I don't think it is obnoxious. But I have a 4 door, so a little more area to scavenge and dump further back. I also run REALLY loud tires so I hear that more.
Clearance is the same on both, the Evolution was designed for rear suspensions like a 3 link or the throw down.
PS no dumb questions at all. :)
Check this out too!

Performance & Sound Guarantee
We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

http://www.dynomax.com/warranty-guarantee/

So, the for the reply.

I don't know the real difference between the two other than one dumps out in front of the rear axle and the other has an extension to the back...right? Plus one is louder. Is it obnoxious?

Just need to know what's the advantage of 1 over the other? Seems the evolution is moe betta for clearance issues.?

Sorry for the dumb questions. ..really appreciate your help.

Thx for getting back to me so quickly.

I just ordered the Rock Crawler system via Amazon.

Looks to be a simple install. Any tips on the installation.? I've not done exhaust work before but I know my way around a tool box. I've done lift kits, electrical work, oba, etc.

There should be no reason for me to take it to a muffler shop for the install, right?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thx for getting back to me so quickly.

I just ordered the Rock Crawler system via Amazon.

Looks to be a simple install. Any tips on the installation.? I've not done exhaust work before but I know my way around a tool box. I've done lift kits, electrical work, oba, etc.

There should be no reason for me to take it to a muffler shop for the install, right?

nope! very simple install that you can do in your garage. what i did to make it easier was cut the stock exhaust hangers off since i was trashing it. make sure you leave the body/frame hanger alone tho

By the way, your help is greatly appreciated. This forum has the best collection of expertise. Thanks again.

Coz saves the day again.... :)
:beer:

For a 2 door I would run the "rock crawler" system. P/N #39524
If you want you can run the Evolution system (P/N 39522), but it is not a direct fit. You will need to make a 2.5" cut so that the exhaust dumps a little earlier.
Also check your state laws, some states require a "dump" out the back, FYI.

In order to make the Evolution System PN 39522 work on my 2 door, is the 2.5 inch cut made to shorten pipe number 52514? or is the length taken off of the downturn part # 51084?

Top Bottom