coil swap question

noroad

So i have a couple questions. #1 i have a chance at 4in plush ride coils for a good price and have rubicon express 4.5 inch coils now! my ride in my opinion is not that bad, but i have never been in an evo coil jeep. Has anyone swapped RE for evo an how did the ride change is it worth it? I have plans for coilovers in the future just fyi. #2 will the .5 make a difference in height?

Last edited:

JKWrang

While I DONT have any experience with those coils (obviously)... I still say just save for coilovers. My .02

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As I said before I think you will be fine. I bet you yield around 4.5-5" total out of the 4" springs since you have factory bumpers still. If you had aftermarket like Jim you would sit closer to 4.5 or less

Panda

So i have a couple questions. #1 i have a chance at 4in plush ride coils for a good price and have rubicon express 4.5 inch coils now! my ride in my opinion is not that bad, but i have never been in an evo coil jeep. Has anyone swapped RE for evo an how did the ride change is it worth it? I have plans for coilovers in the future just fyi. #2 will the .5 make a difference in height?

I swapped my 2.5 RE coils and shocks for 3in plush rides and bilsteins, the ride is 100% better on the hwy and well worth it IMO
Got about 4 inches of lift from the 3inch coils, you can always re sell the evo coils when you go to c/o as they are in high demand

Andrew,

Get the plush rides, you will not be disappointed. I swapped out my Pro-Crap coils for the plush rides and notice a huge difference. I too was able to get mine at a great price from a buddy in the forum. In fact both my shocks and coils came from the same person.

R/
Will

Top Bottom