In cab winch controls need help

Ak49Reaper

Ok so ive begun my process of putting in cab controls. Ive searched a few forums found alot of good info some has helped some not so much. The reason I need help is everyone elses set up seems to have one solenoid pretty easy where to run wires. I on the other hand have 4 solenoids ive tryed my best on where to put wires for the in and out switch with no luck. Can somone drsw on pic or help me figure out why I cant get this to work
Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1411854669646.jpg
    1411854669646.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 1411854683864.jpg
    1411854683864.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 1411854695104.jpg
    1411854695104.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 175

Ak49Reaper

Sorry your right its a smittybilt x2o 8k winch. Im pretty sure ive got my switches set up properly also ive got my master switch wired in parallel to my my in out and my led to let me know its on. I wired it to my the power to master to battery is this right?

pvanweelden

In your 2nd pic, the toggle on the right is your power switch, with your led below it- correct?
So then your in/out switch is the toggle to the left (behind pic)- there are no wires hooked up to the in/out going to the winch/solenoids. ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ak49Reaper

I took them off I had them I had them on their but wife got mad that the dash was all apart while I wasnt working on it

Ak49Reaper

Yes its the master on right with led under it and toggle on left with the two open leads being the on or toggles for in and out

pvanweelden

Did your winch already have a plug for handheld controller? If so, trace where those wires go, should be 3 wires- in, out, common

Ak49Reaper

Done that I have 4 wires looks one 2 in out and a 3rd power and a fourth maybe common as it runs to all solenoids

pvanweelden

Do you have a meter? You can find the 12volts+ and the ground will show resistance to the negative on the battery. For the in/out wires- take a piece of wire -Attach an inline fuse with a 5 amp fuse to the positive battery terminal, take the other end to the one of the 2 wires - winch will move in or out.

CZEBJKU

I found these on the interweb. The first one looks like the picture of the 4 solenoids you posted. 1411905252841.jpg This is a diagram of how it should be wired to the switch. Your safety switch will be wired in front of and supply power to your in/out switch. sw 1411905277013.jpg
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom