SPOD Modification Help

lmaya

I have a 2012 - 2015 JK model 6 Switch System with double LED light Contura rocker switches & Source System and want to know if there is a way to wire it to the dash lights so the bottom LED lights up when my dash lights come on and use the on/off switch as a manual override to turn them off. I have forgotten to turn off the night lights on occasion and while I know there is an auto-off feature if my battery drains low, I'd rather they just turn off when the jeep is turned off.

Has anyone done this already that can provide some guidance on what I need to do?

Do you have power windows? If so there is a grey wire with an orange stripe or orange wire with a grey stripe (same wire different description). That is the wire that controls the back lighting for the switches. Tap into it and you are golden. Also look up Pvann's DIY Relay and I think he addresses in there.

R/
Will

lmaya

It worked, thanks! Now the bottom lights come on "automagicaly" with the dashboard lights and more importantly.....they turn off automatically as well! This is a great way to overcome my forgetfulness :rock:

utiadam

LOSER
Glad you got it figured out. I did the sane thing but with an add a circuit to the fuse box under the hood. I already had it wired up for ignition power for my amplifiers.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412050271.286291.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412050298.947322.jpg
I have also soldered and heat shrinked that connection since this photo
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412050370.292634.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412050410.140949.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412050427.946216.jpg

Top Bottom