EVO question

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Is this considered the EVOlever? http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DD-LONGARM
Toying with the idea of long arm instead of coilover.
There's a "long arm upgrade for the EVOlever" but, when I search on EVO's site, the first thing that pops up is this Double D kit.

Thanks!

No, it's not. The EVOlever is a form of a cantilever for the rear suspension that results in your coilovers running horizontally. I'll get you a link.

Here is what the EVOlever looks like (in the Double Throwdown package):
http://offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DOUBLEDOWN-REAR

Last edited:

sparkymoffett

Ah ok. Thanks Sharky. Definitely don't need that one.
I'm running 5160's. So i'm guessing that i'll just go with the whole Double D long arm kit. (not the long arm upgrade)
Wish they had a 3.5 instead of 4.

sparkymoffett

From what I've learned by reading on here and asking everyone I've met, the "average" (note not everyone says this) is that with a 4 inch, you'll need to swap drive shafts as well. Also, would love to keep a lower height but with better travel than with the 2 inch i have now. (think vengeance build) PLEASE, BY ALL MEANS, CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. I'M LEARNING
****paying child support, so i'm on a bit of a fixed budget.

EVO REAR Double Throw Down ...

EVO MFG REAR DTD

Thank you Sharkey for posting the link.

Is there a large difference between a 3.5" lift and a 4" lift?

Ah ok. Thanks Sharky. Definitely don't need that one.
I'm running 5160's. So i'm guessing that i'll just go with the whole Double D long arm kit. (not the long arm upgrade)
Wish they had a 3.5 instead of 4.

The double D is a long arm. I think you meant coil overs. Have you thought about just doing the bolt on kit from EVO?

R/
Will

ChaosNein

You will have to replace your FRONT D/S with a 3" OR a 4" lift (BOTH FRONT and REAR on 2DR) so that extra inch means nothing really. You will also need a Drag Link Flip of some sort with either as well. The only thing that the 3" or 3.5" or 4" really determines is the size tires you can stuff underneath. And that can be different depending on if you are running flat or factory fenders.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Long arm is the way I'm looking at going instead of coilovers. So, yes, the Double D is what I'm looking at.

I'm sure it's been said but whenever you lift your JK more than 3" you should replace the front driveshaft ons 4 door and both on a 2 door.

If your looking at the Double D you should factor in the DS costs as well.

Top Bottom