Clicking noise

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Getting a popping/ clicking noise from what sounds like the front end. Still does it with the front drive shaft removed. Possible front u joints?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yup. most like the axle shaft u joints. i would look at them now before it blows up on the trail like mine did

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395664667.906327.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395664667.906327.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 163
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395664656.056876.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395664656.056876.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 163

HILLZ

could also be worth checking the nuts on the sway bar links are tight, mine work loose and start to click every now and then.
hope you find the problem.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, most likely axle shaft u-joint(s).

This. The same thing happened to me recently. I would hear clicking only when I turned left, and from the right side. It was a very distince clicking. I took it in, explained to them the progression of the clicking and how it got louder over time. It was replaced under warranty. Once replaced, the clicking stopped all together.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
This. The same thing happened to me recently. I would hear clicking only when I turned left, and from the right side. It was a very distince clicking. I took it in, explained to them the progression of the clicking and how it got louder over time. It was replaced under warranty. Once replaced, the clicking stopped all together.

Cool case closed. Parts already on order. Once again the forum prevails. Thanks to all.

Top Bottom