EVO vs. AEV vs. Teraflex, etc...

millerca2

So I received a number of recommendations in another thread to go to ORE to get my lift done.

Had a good conversation with Drew at ORE. He recommended the EVO 1.5" leveling kit and said I would get 2" in front and it would eliminate the rake. All good.

Now, looking at parts lists of 2" or so level kits:

EVO - 2" springs in front, .75 spacers rear
AEV - 2" spacer in front, .75 or 1" spacer rear + shock extensions, brake line extensions, etc
Teraflex - 4 1" spacers in front to get 2", 1" spacer rear + front sway bar links

I am curious why only one kit has shock extensions, etc. do they matter that much and if I go with EVO and swap front coils will that impact ride quality. This is a daily driver first and off road second.

Guess I am looking for the best 2" lift with the best ride quality.

Thoughts....

millerca2

He didn't say how it got the lift and noob me...didn't ask. Doh.

So, today I looked it up and saw the differences between all these and wondered which would be best.

ChaosNein

Well.... they are all leveling kits, so for the most part, they are the same. They are all going to utilize your factory shocks and coils so your ride is going to be the same as it is now. Except for the EVO MFG kit using new FRONT Coils (a bit of a softer ride up front). There is NO difference in spacers, hard plastic is hard plastic.

You are basically going to be paying for whatever name you want to become a "fanboy" of :cheesy:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well.... they are all leveling kits, so for the most part, they are the same. They are all going to utilize your factory shocks and coils so your ride is going to be the same as it is now. Except for the EVO MFG kit using new FRONT Coils (a bit of a softer ride up front). There is NO difference in spacers, hard plastic is hard plastic.

Yep. But EVO MFG's coils are oh so nice.

You are basically going to be paying for whatever name you want to become a "fanboy" of :cheesy:

:cheesy::clap2:

Last edited:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Do I need anything else except for the what the evo level kit come with? Like shock extensions? Longer brake lines? Extended bump stops?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChaosNein

Do I need anything else except for the what the evo level kit come with? Like shock extensions? Longer brake lines? Extended bump stops?

NOPE! Now that being said, you can always upgrade your shocks as well to a KING 2.0 (0-2.5" lift). With this, you will want to go with with extended brakelines just in case.

trailless

Caught the Bug
NOPE! Now that being said, you can always upgrade your shocks as well to a KING 2.0 (0-2.5" lift). With this, you will want to go with with extended brakelines just in case.

Awesome! Not knowing the answer has been holding me back for some time!!

I'll probably stick with the level kit until I need new tires. Then I'll go with the double d long arm with 37's!

Thanks again!

trailless

Caught the Bug
I definitely will.

I asked a shop how much they would charge to put the level kit on. They said $300... well I see a dirty night ending with a six pack in my future.

Top Bottom