Need to go a little higher

Mitrig

ok guys so here is my little situation, I'm debating going slightly higher on my rig, i am currently running a 2.5inch suspension lift. I was debating going for a body lift to clear my new armour and solve my rubbing issue with my stock fenders. the thing is i was looking into if maybe it would be possible to run a budget boost on my new suspension to get a little more clearance out of it. if that is possible? not sure if anyone has don't this. if i do a budget boost ontop of my life would i be pushing the limits of my stock driveshafts and arms? or would the 4.5 total lift be fine i only really wheel a few times a year, i have been getting into more expeditions set ups on my rigs.

someone help me :( I'm over thinking this way too much, i know i can't afford to swap my whole suspension out, so its either running a 1.75-2 inch budget boost (note my suspension has settled and is sitting i would say only 2 inches in height)

body lift to clear my armour and get that extra height i needed or budget boost it on top of my lift?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would budget in lower control arms and a front drive shaft. Plus longer sway bar links..
sounds like you need correct bump stops for your problems. What armor is giving you trouble?

Mitrig

I would budget in lower control arms and a front drive shaft. Plus longer sway bar links..
sounds like you need correct bump stops for your problems. What armor is giving you trouble?

Going to price up a new front drive shaft and adjustable arms to see what the price I'll be looking at is. Currently just bought my body lift to clear my new gas tank armor on my second tank and the new from skid I have that ad my bump stops are to short so now at full flex I shouldn't rip off any fenders again

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just seems like a lot of lift for 275/65/18 tires.
So you have two gas tanks? I'm unclear what the skid is for?

Mitrig

Just seems like a lot of lift for 275/65/18 tires.
So you have two gas tanks? I'm unclear what the skid is for?

Yea I'm just running those for the time being. Going for a more expedition set up since I've been enjoying going up north, and gas stations are too far apart where my tank plus the two tire mounted jerry cans and we almost didn't make it. So I installed a small reserve tank under the passenger side. I'll be running 37s if the deal I was looking at pans out properly since I would be selling my tires and picking up his. the skid plate is similar to that on hummers in a sense. Except it's cut shorter to allow everything to articulate properly. I'll still be running my 275s till I get a new suspension lift though. Only sitting at 2.5 right now. I can clear a larger tire no problem

Mitrig

What coils are you running ?

Old man emu with a puck to get a little extra lift out of them. Total lift sits at about 2.5 (2 plus the spacer and whatever sag occurred.) I'd really want to swap to a double rate coil or a rk in the near future (life of a student :(

Top Bottom