Uneven height on the left and right side of jeep

Buneewunee

So,,,,I put on a MBRP front full width winch bumper and a Smittybilt 9.5 winch. Now the front end dropped about 3/4 of an inch. My main concern is that I have now noticed that the height from the ground to the bottom edge of the fenders are all different heights on all four fenders (the front right and left sides are about a 1/4 inch off and the rear right and left sides are about a 1/2 inch off). Also, when putting on the front bumper, I had to cut off the crossbar that connects the left and right frame horns (per the instructions from MBRP). Anybody have any idea why this would happen (the difference in height)?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Do not, I repeat, do not ask your wife if that side is leaning more while driving with her in the passenger seat.
Sounds like the common jeep lean.

FrankenJeeper

It's fairly common for the jeep to lean to the passenger side with a full tank and to the driver side with a near empty tank. That would be my guess and maybe you haven't noticed it until now.

Seems like mine always leans to the driver side due to it being low on gas lol

Buneewunee

Thanks for your inputs. I guess I'll take off the front bumper and winch and re-measure and start from scratch.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned its the common jeep lean. they all will lean to the passenger side even so slightly because of the gas tank being on that side. with a full tank it might be a little more noticable

xkid

I was told the springs on the passenger side will settle after some time. Because of the gas tank and I believe the crown of the road. The Jeep is always leaning to the right.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buneewunee

Well, I might go to a dealership with my measuring tape to see if they are all like that without any modifications.

Top Bottom