Another airbag issue

Jeepmonger

So my airbag light started coming on after about ten minutes of driving. Short commute. Get off from work after ten minutes the light and chime come on again. Took it to the dealership payed the 100 buck for the diag. They said that the sensors in the seat was giving a negative weight reading, so they recalibrated the sensor and sent me on my way. Ten minutes later the light comes back on.:grayno: I go back to the dealer and they say it is going to cost me 625 bucks to replace the whole bracket with the for sensors in it. They can't replace the bad sensor and the only way is to order a new one is with the new seat bracket.:thinking: Has any one else had this freaking prob?
I used to just push down on the seat to clear the light but after ten minutes it come back on. Now after seeing the dealership this last time the light stays on all the time:thumb:. What do you guys do when you put in racing seats?

Moochie

Are they sure it's not the clock spring? More often than not, when the air bag light and chime come on, it is caused by a clock spring failure.

Jeepmonger

The dealership says that when its the clock spring a code will say that, but the code they get says bad sensor in the seat. Bummer

Top Bottom