Back Seat storage

JKU EXTREME

Okay, so I really want to have a shotgun/rifle in my Jeep. However, my JKU has a soft top and I am concerned if I have a weapon in my vehicle that it would be stolen or worse. So my question is this... Would it be remotely possible to take the larger portion of the rear folding seat, and cut the bench in half to in order for it to fold for gun storage (also I would still like to be able to fold my seat(s) down)? If you have any suggestions to this or have ideas for a bette solution don't hesitate to comment.

JKU EXTREME

Thanks I'll look into this. Another idea I'm having is making a police style gun rack, where the rifle/shotgun is standing up, but in the back where the cup holders are.

JKsix

Thanks I'll look into this. Another idea I'm having is making a police style gun rack, where the rifle/shotgun is standing up, but in the back where the cup holders are.

I am also interested in this! I know there is room for a single rifle rack on top of the front cross bar between that and the soft top. It's not visible from anywhere except sitting inside the jeep. But then again it's one knife cut away from stolen unless it's locked in somehow. Pretty much the reason I never went ahead with it when I had my JKUX.

JeepinRay

I've seen one like this a while back. See if I can post a link if I can find it again. Had place for two rifles.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Don't know if this will get you anywhere, but you might reach out to a CBP station in southern tx/nm/az/ca - several JKs running out there for them and they might be able to tell or show you what they do. Just a random thought for consideration. :idontknow:

Yeep

Don't know if this will get you anywhere, but you might reach out to a CBP station in southern tx/nm/az/ca - several JKs running out there for them and they might be able to tell or show you what they do. Just a random thought for consideration. :idontknow:

I looked at one at a gas station a couple weeks ago... Rear seat was removed and used as a storage area and the back tub storage area was caged off.

The gun rack was at an angle from the rear of the center console to where the rear seat backs would have been.

Top Bottom