Code P0741 torque converter

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Wanted to share my experience in case it helps anyone out....

So I had a check engine light come on and went to my dealer, they said it was P0741 Torque converter and noticed I had recently power washed the under carriage after a trip to Big Bear that picked up a little mud. They cleared the code and asked me to come back if it came on again. Engine light came back on after about 10 miles, I took it back, so they took a deeper look. They called me the next day and said there was low fluid (I assume Transmission, but the receipt didn't specify) but NO leak, so they topped it off and cleared the code, said there was a flash update, updated the Jeep, and drove it for 10mi with no problem. I picked it up and drove it to work the next day (15mi) and on my way home the light came on again. The dealer was closed so I went home and did some research. I found a few threads on here, but nothing that related exactly to my issue. I searched farther on the web and found a few people that had to have torque converters replaced and some tranny replacements, all with 2013 & 2014 JKUs resulting from the same error code. Took the Jeep in the next morning and got a call by the afternoon, and now they are replacing the whole transmission. Thankfully I have been to my dealer several times since I got it (for oil changes, flash updates, etc) so they were happy to take care of me and I will have a new transmission in by next week. I just wanted to share my story just in case anyone has a similar issue and my case would be of help to them.

As far as the history on my rig... 2014 JKU Sport only 7500mi so far. Put a 2.5" Terraflex Budget Boost and 35s at about 3K mi. Within a day or two, took it to ORE for 4.33 gears (planning on moving to 37s) and an AEV ProCal + ORE gussets. Been on a few trails, but nothing crazy and nothing fast. I drive the streets of LA on the daily so no serious hills or any type of abuse to the Jeep that should cause this big of an issue.

Just wanted to put it out there to help anyone if they every come across a similar issue. :thumb::twocents:

Brankz

Makes a sound like a super charger uh? when I burn my torque converted I had a sound like a super charger lol

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Makes a sound like a super charger uh? when I burn my torque converted I had a sound like a super charger lol

I didn't notice as much noise as I did the shift points, it seemed to drag quite a bit in shifting to the next gear. I even re-did the ProCal to make sure. It was a weird situation in all, but glad I had a good relationship with my dealer. Just happy it is all under warranty. I hope I am the only one who experiences this, but again, wanted to share in case anyone else came across it. :)

Brankz

I didn't notice as much noise as I did the shift points, it seemed to drag quite a bit in shifting to the next gear. I even re-did the ProCal to make sure. It was a weird situation in all, but glad I had a good relationship with my dealer. Just happy it is all under warranty. I hope I am the only one who experiences this, but again, wanted to share in case anyone else came across it. :)

Good that dealer will help you, I got ripp off and I had to pay 1800 to reseal and change the torque converter :/ but before I fix it the sound was like a super charger lol

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Good that dealer will help you, I got ripp off and I had to pay 1800 to reseal and change the torque converter :/ but before I fix it the sound was like a super charger lol

I saw that thread, it was one of the ones I read when researching my issue. Sorry to hear they got you by the balls, but glad to hear you are good to go now. Live and learn right? :brows:

Brankz

I saw that thread, it was one of the ones I read when researching my issue. Sorry to hear they got you by the balls, but glad to hear you are good to go now. Live and learn right? :brows:

Hahahahaha but I destroy the reputation of the shops lmao! I learned my lesson but they also learned there's cause I told every one not to go there :)

Top Bottom