Military Discount?????

Armydog

I am looking to buy ATX Slabs for the Pumpkin TJR in 17" wheel size. I would like to buy all five and get the discount on the fifth wheel. But I may not be able to swing it. Can you guys offer a Military Discount in order to help a brother out a little bit? It would be appreciated greatly

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

JKWrang

Edit: this is probably something you should call or email about outside of a public forum.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jmatta33

wow. a couple of things here. one, they are already running a buy 4 get the 5th wheel free. second this is definately not the right way to go about getting a discount. it is completely inappropriate and unprofessional to solicite a discount on a public forum soley based on your military service.

RLTW!!!

Armydog

wow. a couple of things here. one, they are already running a buy 4 get the 5th wheel free. second this is definately not the right way to go about getting a discount. it is completely inappropriate and unprofessional to solicite a discount on a public forum soley based on your military service.

RLTW!!!

Agreed on the PM or phone call process rather than open post. I will adjust my approach. Wish I could afford 4 at one time right now.

Jake Wilson

It is an awesome discount. Just can't afford all four at one time..... Guess I should just shut up and save my pennies in private

Yea dude we serve our country because it is the right thing to do. When people offer us discounts it is because they want to acknowledge our sacrifices. However, we do not ask for a discount because of something we chose to do. I understand the lack of money because the Army does not pay much but maybe that is a sign that you shouldn't be purchasing something like this right now.

SilverBack

Just my opinion, but this is a open forum not a meeting of religious, political or mothers against @$%# group. The vendors here and elsewhere are/should not offended in any way by being asked about or for a discount of any kind. Is it a bit brash to do so in a public way? Sure, I guess. Is it wrong in any way? Not at all. For those that were self rigorous enough to degrade someone for wanting to stretch a budget a little further, shame on you for exercising your right to free speech.......

Again, just my humble opinion!

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
And just a point of clarification, this is a private forum, not a public sidewalk. Free speech rights don't apply.

K.D.C.H

Just my opinion, but this is a open forum not a meeting of religious, political or mothers against @$%# group. The vendors here and elsewhere are/should not offended in any way by being asked about or for a discount of any kind. Is it a bit brash to do so in a public way? Sure, I guess. Is it wrong in any way? Not at all. For those that were self rigorous enough to degrade someone for wanting to stretch a budget a little further, shame on you for exercising you write to free speech.......

Relax captain America, no one is saying this is a religious, political or mothers against @$%# group. I also don't think it's really looked at as a forum, it's really more of a community :D

The vendors on here already offer discounts for the Wayalife members and honestly we should be appreciative of whatever's they offer us. They are businesses that at the end of the day must supports themselves and their families while still trying to grow their business.

I think the issue here (and I may be wrong) is that even when the WAL vendors offer discounts, people are still asking for even more based on the fact that they were or are in the military. It puts the vendors in a difficult and unfair position that makes them look like they don't support military personnel when they have to say no. A discount on top of a discount, seriously? Can't these vendors even try to make a living while supporting all of us?

I was in the military myself and I can honestly say I've never asked for a military discount. That whole military discount asking thing really annoys me. I joined the military because I wanted to serve my country not so I could use my service later on for discounts and deals.

If you can't afford something then save up longer and earn it or buy something that's not as expensive. If the only way you can do this stuff is by haggling the vendors for discounts then maybe you shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

And this is just my humble opinion

xrocknrollx

Just my opinion, but this is a open forum not a meeting of religious, political or mothers against @$%# group. The vendors here and elsewhere are/should not offended in any way by being asked about or for a discount of any kind. Is it a bit brash to do so in a public way? Sure, I guess. Is it wrong in any way? Not at all. For those that were self rigorous enough to degrade someone for wanting to stretch a budget a little further, shame on you for exercising you write to free speech.......

Nothing against trying to get a good deal, but when trying to get a better deal than advertised, it helps to speak to a manager and not tell anyone about it.... It always worked for me when I lived in Littleton CO and shopped at a local Jeep place, which I will not name. But they were always willing to give 20-30% discounts off of internet prices after some negotiating.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I agree, if you want something above and beyond what's offered, then PM them. If you do it publicly it puts them on the spot. I've had good luck when PM a business or person. I think they appreciate it. And if the deny it, that's alright, but again you haven't put anyone on the spot publicly.

SilverBack

And just a point of clarification, this is a private forum, not a public sidewalk. Free speech rights don't apply.

Thank you for this Sharkey just expressing an opinion as an approved and active member of this private forum. Just exercising my right to engage in a lively conversation. I love everything about this forum, it's members, jeeps and the lifestyle. The best thing about being an American is that we all have the right to think the way we wish and can express that way of thinking. I too am a vet and believe things should be handled in private when they are private however name calling is so high school. CPT America....

Oh wait... SilverBack

Last edited:

SilverBack

Relax captain America, no one is saying this is a religious, political or mothers against @$%# group. I also don't think it's really looked at as a forum, it's really more of a community :D

The vendors on here already offer discounts for the Wayalife members and honestly we should be appreciative of whatever's they offer us. They are businesses that at the end of the day must supports themselves and their families while still trying to grow their business.

I think the issue here (and I may be wrong) is that even when the WAL vendors offer discounts, people are still asking for even more based on the fact that they were or are in the military. It puts the vendors in a difficult and unfair position that makes them look like they don't support military personnel when they have to say no. A discount on top of a discount, seriously? Can't these vendors even try to make a living while supporting all of us?

I was in the military myself and I can honestly say I've never asked for a military discount. That whole military discount asking thing really annoys me. I joined the military because I wanted to serve my country not so I could use my service later on for discounts and deals.

If you can't afford something then save up longer and earn it or buy something that's not as expensive. If the only way you can do this stuff is by haggling the vendors for discounts then maybe you shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

And this is just my humble opinion

Good Sir, I agree with most of what you say. I do however think you misunderstood my post. Should you ask in a public way, probably not. Not my call to make for others though. Is it allowable to ask, hell yeah. Again, not my call to make for others. Should I comment about it if it happens, why not! Still, not my call to make for others. Should I be condescending, snarky, rude or call names. No because this is a community and a way of life for most jeep owners. I am not saying you were condescending, rude or name calling. I would point to other posts in the thread for that. However, yout are a tad judgmental. Thank you for your service! It's nice to have a lively conversation with a fellow Vet .
I truly hope you have a wonderful day and wish only the best for you and your family!
T

Last edited:
Top Bottom