new member wants to upgrade his JK 2010 please advice

Ali

hello thanks for taking time to read my post i was looking to lift my jk 4" and found these kits please advice which one is better and holds abuse of terrain
i got names of these lift kit

2007-2014 Jeep 4 Dr JK Wrangler 4WD 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kit [681S]

ARB OMEJK4 4" Lift Kit for JK Wrangler

Skyjacker 4"-5" Standard Suspension Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks

is there any better lift kits please advice and give information

a quick question do these kits with 4" need modification to car like drilling etc or they install ready kits:icon_crazy:

Jk 4 door sport unlimited
IMG_4371.jpg
thanks and regards

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
First off, welcome to WOL! Stop by the "give us a wave" section and introduce yourself. Second, why do you want 4 inches of lift? And lastly I would look into the EVO plush rides. There are plently if great reviews on them.

Loading please wait....

Ali Welcome to the WAYALIFE.

Here is a link to the Give Us Wave thread, http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave. By introducing yourself and where you live will help us tremendously on recommending a lift.

As Mr. Ty asked why do you want to go 4 inches. Going any higher than 3 inches will require new front and rear drive shafts and a drag link flip.

What is your main goal, to run bigger tires? If so how big? Anything bigger will axle modification and regearing. I have 2011 JK 4dr sport sitting on 3 inch EVO Plush Ride Coils paired with Rancho RS9000 XL adjustable shocks. I like the feel both on and off road.

Have you looked into any of the Rancho Lifts. Their shocks are on sale the month of October.

I have heard the Skyjacker and Rough Country lifts are stiff and not very comfortable. OME I have heard is a decent lift.

What is your main factor for selecting these? Availability in your area?

R/
Will

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
hello thanks for taking time to read my post i was looking to lift my jk 4" and found these kits please advice which one is better and holds abuse of terrain

a quick question do these kits with 4" need modification to car like drilling etc or they install ready kits:icon_crazy:

View attachment 103674
thanks and regards

Most of these kits are pretty easy to install. But, like it has been eluded to, what are you looking for? Good off roading capability, smooth ride, etc? The differentiators on all lifts are build quality and ride quality. Some have a better reputation for holding up on the trail, while other have a better reputation for feeling smooth on the highway.

Overall, if it were me I'd do the emu lift for ride quality..otherwise the rough country for just a lift. Not a big fan of Skyjacker, they tend to be bought by people who only know their name but don't wheel them. :twocents:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Rc used to have poor quality parts. Coils losing height, joints blowing out. I think their other parts besides suspension parts have been improving on quality.

Ome 4" kit I think requires cutting of the lower control arm mount for some little bracket to fix caster. I wouldn't recommend this. Their coils are decent, I've been in jeeps with their 2" lift and they rode fairly well.

I tried sky jacker before, never again. Maybe their 2"budget boost is about all I could recommend from them.

jeeeep

Hooked

View attachment 103674
thanks and regards

I also have a 2010 and chose the Clayton Offroad 3.5" lift, rides great, minimal grinding in 2 spots (just enough to clear the Johnny joint), if you have basic mechanical skills you should be able to install it yourself, no need for flip kit or rear DS.
You will eventually need to upgrade the front driveshaft but only when it fails, for daily driving you may get many years of service from it. I went 2 years before mine failed after a mix of trail and daily road use. The boot on my DS tore the 1st time I flexed it but the warm weather kept the grease pliable, once the weather froze here is when any remaining grease hardened, fell out and the DS failed. Depends on your off-road use and conditions how long your front DS will last.

Once you go 4" or taller you will need to replace the front and rear DS. you don't need the flip kit but it will aid in keeping your steering angles where they should be.

I've driven jeeps with the Evo Enforcer kit and it's also a great ride, the springs are a little softer and I've considered swapping out my springs.

what ever kit you chose, read the install instructions multiple times. get under your jeep and identify everything you'll be changing/adjusting before you actually remove anything.

I also recommend taking a reading on your stock caster angle, my driveway has a slight slope to it so I measured the stock caster and then the driveway surface to make sure the difference was correct. I was able to easily set my caster back to stock by checking it before.

This will help you understand the adjustments you'll likely need to make after installing a lift:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Top Bottom