Smittybilt XRC Atlas Rear Bumper - Fitting

LeighP

I fitted up an XRC Atlas rear bumper and tyre/jerry can/highlift carrier.

Instructions are pretty good....hardware all seems good quality, with the exception of the two small rubber snubbers.....needs two people to fit, its heavy!
The bumper itself fitted straight on, no issues getting hte hardware to start and bolt up......there is pretty much no adjustment in the bumper location once all the side and hitch area bolts are in place.

A couple of things I noted.....

1. Clean all the powdercoating off the carrier hinge point where it locates against the bumper top and bottom of the axle tube.
2. Prefit the carrier hinge pin...mine required a little hand fitting for proper fit.
3. The rubber snubbers are rubbish, mine didn't even outlast the adjustment process. They now supply two (obviously one wasn't up to it), but the rubber just broke where it goes through the bumper. I used the two holes and fitted Rivnuts....I'll be screwing a rubber block to the bumper at this location instead.
4. I modified my carrier to allow the plate to be clearly read......VHT Wrinkle Satin Black, and a heat gun, does an excellent job of matching the factory wrinkle finish.
5. There is enough room between the carrier and the bumper to run the wiring underneath the jerry can holders....see the pics, its nice and neat.
6. The cam wheel that provides carrier adjustment wouldn't clear one of the locking bolt holes.....so I had to file a section out of one of the square holes to fit the locking bolt.

Top Bottom