3.6L jeep jk exhaust options

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
A lot of people run either the dynomax evolution or the rock crawler system. Both sound amazing and what I would recommend. I personally run the rock crawler on my 2 door with the 3.8 and couldn't be happier.

I'm running the Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded. Took it to a shop and they cut off the resonator and muffler and welded the Dynomax in place where the resonator was. Cost was about $130 after everything and took the guy about 30 minutes. Sounds great. Drones at low RPM but doesn't bother me or my passengers.

- Roland

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
A lot of people run either the dynomax evolution or the rock crawler system. Both sound amazing and what I would recommend. I personally run the rock crawler on my 2 door with the 3.8 and couldn't be happier.

Link? I see nothing by either of these names on their website.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Link? I see nothing by either of these names on their website.

rock crawler 12-15
2 door http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39323.html
4 door http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39322.html

evolution 12-15
4 door http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39321.html
same one for 2 door but you need to cut 2.5" off the one pipe. its in the instructions

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

Thanks!! Guess they're using different marketing terms now - I saw those kits but nowhere did I see "evolution".

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks!! Guess they're using different marketing terms now - I saw those kits but nowhere did I see "evolution".

your right when you look at the overall list it isnt marked as the evolution system but once you click on view product. its called the "Ultra Flo Evolution competition system"

Static83

Is it just me, or does the rock crawler kit stick out to far? I'd prefer an exhaust that dumps after the axle, but not quite that far.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
your right when you look at the overall list it isnt marked as the evolution system but once you click on view product. its called the "Ultra Flo Evolution competition system"

Ah... You're right. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is it just me, or does the rock crawler kit stick out to far? I'd prefer an exhaust that dumps after the axle, but not quite that far.

it actually doesnt stick out far at all. mine end right at the rear bumper. if you look it doesnt go past the d ring. the only way it sticks out is if you put the chrome tip on it

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394989424.674502.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394989424.674502.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 139
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394989414.223962.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394989414.223962.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 137
This is what I did to mine... actually the rocks did it, I just cleaned it up a bit. :)

20130429_104154_zpsfa0325f0.jpg

JKWrang

Installation of the competition was a breeze. Make sure you have deep well sockets or the appropriate box wrench for the y pipe clamp.

Sounds great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
it actually doesnt stick out far at all. mine end right at the rear bumper. if you look it doesnt go past the d ring. the only way it sticks out is if you put the chrome tip on it

I cant help but wonder, is running the muffler that close to the evap really a good idea? At least without a heat shield?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I cant help but wonder, is running the muffler that close to the evap really a good idea? At least without a heat shield?

i havent had any issues as of yet (knock on wood) with it like this. i have checked my evap a few weeks ago and all seems well with it. no melting of plastic or anything. im sure on the newer models like yours that come with a stock evap skid it would only help prevent any issues.

I haven't heard of any issues and I have been doing this for 5 years. We have been making this system since 2007 and I haven't been told of any issues. I drive 8+ hours, no issues either. HTH :beer:

I haven't heard of any issues and I have been doing this for 5 years. We have been making this system since 2007 and I haven't been told of any issues. I drive 8+ hours, no issues either. HTH :beer:

Straight through mufflers don't get as hot correct? Seems that way at least since there's little air flow restriction. I've had mine for about 5 months now and no issues that I can see.

- Roland

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

Good to know! Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't doubt necessarily, was mostly curious.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom