Help with moving to bigger tires

kyle521

So my tires are starting to get low and Im thinking of upgrading. I think the best move for my build would be to go with 35s. I run 285/70/ R17 duratracs now. I love them and think they are amazing. I eventually want to run 37s. However, being reasonable, I cant afford them now. So I was thinking of moving to 35s and then keeping them as an extra set when I get 37s. Im wondering how badly my mpg will suffer moving to say 315/70/R17 duratracs. I currently average about 13-14 on the highway and around 11 city. I can get a tuner if it would help the mpgs a bit and I will need one in the future anyways. I dont have money for axle and gearing upgrades yet. I have 4.10s

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
There was a thread recently regarding 35s and mpgs. Let me see if i can find it.

Loading please wait....

So my tires are starting to get low and Im thinking of upgrading. I think the best move for my build would be to go with 35s. I run 285/70/ R17 duratracs now. I love them and think they are amazing. I eventually want to run 37s. However, being reasonable, I cant afford them now. So I was thinking of moving to 35s and then keeping them as an extra set when I get 37s. Im wondering how badly my mpg will suffer moving to say 315/70/R17 duratracs. I currently average about 13-14 on the highway and around 11 city. I can get a tuner if it would help the mpgs a bit and I will need one in the future anyways. I dont have money for axle and gearing upgrades yet. I have 4.10s

That's crazy, I have 35's and average 16 on highway

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your mpg will go down slightly. I think Canvas went down by about 1 mpg. You will want to get your speedometer set to the right tires size.

R/
Will

Your mpg will go down slightly. I think Canvas went down by about 1 mpg. You will want to get your speedometer set to the right tires size.

R/
Will

I've had them on for about 6 months now and it has stayed steady but does drop a little in the winter

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
You'll need a procal to correctly adjust your computer and shift points to the new tire size. If you don't have a lead foot, tackle hilly/mountainous terrain on a daily basis, and keep your freeway speed around 65/70, you shouldn't see more than a couple mpgs. A tuner can improve this, but it's $200 more than the procal, give or take. I added a CAI and exhaust to get some more mpgs. You can hold off on the gears till you put the 37s on as that will def help then. I started a thread called "Gas Milage with 35s" if you search it, I think it was mid September, there's a few other peoples options on there as we'll to give you a wide range of personal accounts

Top Bottom