EVO rock star install???

mstrofpuppets

Ok here is my problem, I have a 2011 JKUR with a 2.5" RK max travel lift running stock bump stops and stock tires. I am running Fox IFP shocks for 1.5"-3.5" lift and they are the ones with 9.1" of travel and measure 24.75" fully extended. When my Jeep is sitting level I have 4.5" of shock shaft exposed and a distance of 6.5" between my stock bump stops. I really want to add the rock stars that I have in my garage but I do not believe my shocks will work because they will over compress before my axle contacts my stock bump stops. Looking for clarification, in order to run the rock stars I either need to run 3"+ of bump stop or run a stock length shock? I also plan to run 35s in a few months. Any body running this set up with rock stars? Any help would be awesome!

2011 JKUR, manual trans and some other stuff.....

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So you don't have any bump stops now? Just so I'm clear, you have 6.5" between jounce cup and factory bump stop and 4.5" inches of shock shaft showing?
Really sounds like you are using your shocks as bump stops now.
You would probably need around 3" bump stops.

So you don't have any bump stops now? Just so I'm clear, you have 6.5" between jounce cup and factory bump stop and 4.5" inches of shock shaft showing?
Really sounds like you are using your shocks as bump stops now.
You would probably need around 3" bump stops.

X2
Which you should be running/or close to anyways.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
2" would make up the difference now without rock stars to keep your current shocks safe.

mstrofpuppets

When I measured I included the the stock yellow bump stop. Not sure the jounce cup is? Correct, I am not running any aftermarket bump stops. Thanks for the replies! Need to get this figured out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
it sounds like your already over compressing your shocks now as is since your not running the proper bump stop length in the rear. i would get that situated first before you even think of installing the rock stars

mstrofpuppets

For sure, I just don't want to have to do it over again LOL. So I should wait until I get the 35s, cycle my suspension to figure out bump stop size and then add the rock stars? Did I measure the bump stop gap correctly when I included the yellow bump stop? Thanks again guys.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
For sure, I just don't want to have to do it over again LOL. So I should wait until I get the 35s, cycle my suspension to figure out bump stop size and then add the rock stars? Did I measure the bump stop gap correctly when I included the yellow bump stop? Thanks again guys.

your bumpstops should be the length on whatever your lift is. so you should have 2.5" stops front and rear. im suprised your 2.5" RK kit didnt come with rear bump stops.

mstrofpuppets

I believe most of the time lifts don't come with bumpstops because people run different equipment i.e. shocks, fenders and tires.

Top Bottom