TPMS sensors bad

CedarRaider

Hey guys I had my TPMS light come on the other night. All tires are the same pressure but only 3 triggered the light. The right rear that is the same pressure wasn't blinking.2014 JKU Tires and wheels are stock BFG MT with willys wheels, no flash cal adjustments have been done yet. I've been running the same pressure for 4 months. Is this going to a sensor problem or is the system just being glitchy.

hydrohut

Hey guys I had my TPMS light come on the other night. All tires are the same pressure but only 3 triggered the light. The right rear that is the same pressure wasn't blinking.2014 JKU Tires and wheels are stock BFG MT with willys wheels, no flash cal adjustments have been done yet. I've been running the same pressure for 4 months. Is this going to a sensor problem or is the system just being glitchy.

I know on mine if I have aired down and then re-inflated it takes quite a bit of a drive to reset them. Also in my case they have to be all 35 psi or more to get the light to go out. Thats about all the info I can give and mine is a 2009 it sounds like you have a warning light for each wheel?

Sessoms14X

I recently had my tires rotated and it was on for about 3 days. I was in a hurry one day and was driving over 80 on the highway and by the time I got home the warning light was off. Maybe that will work for you too?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

hogtyed

:driving: I had to replace a TPMS on one of my wife's tires on her Dodge Journey a few weeks ago. The dealer wanted $100 to replace it. I went to the local Parks Auto supply & bought a new TPMS. Lucky for me I have a motorcycle tire changer so I decided to give it a shot. I put in the new TPMS & popped the tire back on. It was easier than changing a motorcycle tire. The light was still on after putting the tire back on but after running the car down the road it went back off. I guess there is some kind of reset after a certain speed.

Benito

Caught the Bug

I have experienced the same thing recently, I believe it has to do with the colder weather coming in. The cold nights cause the air in the tires to contract, reducing the tire pressure. From what I can tell the warning light comes on when one of the tires goes below 7 psi from what the tire pressure should be and won't go away until you bring the tire pressure back to what it should be. The warning goes away as others have mentioned once you start driving because the air in the tire heats up and expands again increasing the psi in the tire

CedarRaider

I'll have to see what happens later this week when I drive more. I'm only 15 miles from work so my tires don't get too warm when it's in the high 30's at night right now. I'm not too worried about it I was just wanting to put off getting the flashcal till spring when I get my summer tires and wheels.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'll have to see what happens later this week when I drive more. I'm only 15 miles from work so my tires don't get too warm when it's in the high 30's at night right now. I'm not too worried about it I was just wanting to put off getting the flashcal till spring when I get my summer tires and wheels.

To reset the light after adjusting/checking air pressure, the vehicle has to be driven over 15 MPH for more than 15 minutes total, not continuously. A local tire shop or dealer can test each sensor to see if they're reading properly.

Sessoms14X

I got a letter in the mail today for a recall of my TPMS. Saying that it wasn't set right from the factory and that it may not read the correct pressure. Guess that'll explain why it never shuts off. Anyone else get a letter as well?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I got a letter in the mail today for a recall of my TPMS. Saying that it wasn't set right from the factory and that it may not read the correct pressure. Guess that'll explain why it never shuts off. Anyone else get a letter as well?

Not sure, but our 2014 won't shut up. Just want to shut them off already

Mitrig

don't have them (y) perks of driving an 07 lol...Good luck, maybe reset the computer with an obd ll machine?

Top Bottom