2015 Jeep BU Renegade 4x4 Best in Class

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not like there's a whole lot of competition or anyone really trying to be but, in a way, it's nice to see that the all new 2015 Jeep BU Renegade is now being touted as "Best in Class". Who knows, maybe this will be a start of a whole new off-road segment with Jeep leading the way :D

Renegade “best in class” 4×4?
A recent communiqué to dealers points out the ways the Jeep Renegade has best in class capabilities, particularly in off-road capability. The class is defined as the Nissan Juke, Mini Countryman, Mini Paceman, and Buick Encore — not a group particularly associated with off-roading, and excluding the admittedly larger RAV4. The rationale is “small SUV sub-segmentation.”

renegade-launch.jpg

That said, the Trailhawk version has approach and departure angles equal to or better than Cherokee Trailhawk, with the same ground clearance (also “best in class.”) The Renegade has the only rearl axle disconnect (on AWDs) and factory tow package; the Trailhawk boasts a “Selec-Terrain”® traction control system wtih snow, sport, sand/mud, rock, and automatic modes, tow hooks, skid plates, off-road wheels, and special tires.

All Renegades sold in the United States have a nine-speed automatic.

Published on AllPar:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/10/renegade-best-in-class-4x4

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My 12 yr old son wants one but he asked if I can "do all the stuff to it that I do to everyone else's Jeep." Talk about a backhanded compliment. :grayno:

Saw one at the TX Fair but the people at the booth really didn't know anything about it. IMO there's nothing worse than someone trying to represent a vehicle but having zero knowledge to pass on to consumers about said vehicle.

The sales guy tried to tell me it was based on the CJ7!,,Alrighty then. He clearly had zero knowledge since he didn't didn't know that the Renegade was a trim package.

Top Bottom