Tuner Recommendations?

jmatta33

So it looks like I'll be mounting these 35's I have in my garage this weekend, so I'll need a tuner to recalibrate speedo and what not. Eventually swapping axles, gears, and all that so what tuner do you guys recommend?

RLTW!!!

HILLZ

So it looks like I'll be mounting these 35's I have in my garage this weekend, so I'll need a tuner to recalibrate speedo and what not. Eventually swapping axles, gears, and all that so what tuner do you guys recommend?

RLTW!!!

Superchips have a great product line, check them out. they have a few options to help with budget and what you need it to do.
I've just got the basic Flashpaq which allowed me to recalibrate after putting the bigger tyres on and will allow after regear aswell, plus you can update the software on it to allow for tuning aswell.

Flyer

I have used the AEV Procal on two JKs. I basically used for simple stuff like recalibrating the speedo and it worked for that. I have not used anything else but I have heard of some problems when people have used the Diablo tuner.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have run both the AEV procal and the superchips flashpaq. both are great tuners for different reasons. i would look at one of the two i mentioned and go from there.

jmatta33

I figured it was going to be one of the two, just wanted to make sure there werent issues with one or anything like that. thanks for the info guys!

RLTW!!!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I figured it was going to be one of the two, just wanted to make sure there werent issues with one or anything like that. thanks for the info guys!

RLTW!!!

The main difference is that the Procal won't give you and performance/HP gains.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
so the flashpaq will allow for tuning to get more power?

RLTW!!!

yes it is said that it will provide more power. from my experience with it there are so little power gains its not worth it. i would suggest you go with the procal or flashcal and save yourself $200.

hogtyed

I've got the Superchip Flashpaq which allowed me to recalibrate after putting the bigger tires on. It works just fine. :thumb:

jmatta33

yes it is said that it will provide more power. from my experience with it there are so little power gains its not worth it. i would suggest you go with the procal or flashcal and save yourself $200.

gotcha. I'll probably do one of those then.

RLTW!!!

t8er

I've got the super chips Flashpaq on mine. It reset the tires just perfect. plus running the 91 octane tune really woke my motor up.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
It is my understanding that the Flashcal is still buggy on the 2014's, and presumably the 2015's as well. This is the main reason I went with the Procal.

HILLZ

I know with the super chips ones you can lower the minimum pressure so it doesn't flash when your aired down, I have wheels on with out the tpms fitted and I think I was able to turn it off as I don't get any warning lights, hope this helps

CanadianJK

Just got my Superchips Trail Dash installed yesterday, it makes an immense difference. It's expensive ~$600 but Amazon had a glitch and it was selling for only $389. According to several local dealers that was below cost though...

jmatta33

Just got my Superchips Trail Dash installed yesterday, it makes an immense difference. It's expensive ~$600 but Amazon had a glitch and it was selling for only $389. According to several local dealers that was below cost though...

its listed for $426 now. thats a bit more than I want to spend right now though....

RLTW!!!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Anybody have any experience with the Trail Dash on a 2012+ with a 6-speed? All I'm wondering is if there's any noticeable power gains. I know with an automatic the changes may be more noticeable because of the transmission tuning, but what about on a manual?

Top Bottom