Trucklite headlight problems

Ben-0

Has anyone had problems with these? I just lost my driver side last night while driving home. It flickered went out then came back on shortly after and then back out again and hasn't come back.
My real question is has anyone had a similar issue and if it's the led can it be fixed or is it just shot

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I have not had a problem like this, I have heard of a few instances where it has. If I recall, they were all an issue with the wiring harness - loose or bad connection.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
While I have not had a problem like this, I have heard of a few instances where it has. If I recall, they were all an issue with the wiring harness - loose or bad connection.

That would be my guess. I would suggest looking at the harness, and whether it is loose or not, you might put some electrical tape on it or something to help secure the connection.

jeeeep

Hooked
Has anyone had problems with these? I just lost my driver side last night while driving home. It flickered went out then came back on shortly after and then back out again and hasn't come back.
My real question is has anyone had a similar issue and if it's the led can it be fixed or is it just shot

I had the same issue, I ended up disconnecting the pigtail plug and spreading the connectors open more just a little, visually it didn't look like it did anything to the connector but it did fit tighter and haven't had that issue again. When you pack everything back in make sure the wiring is not making any sharp bends and place the pigtail ballister(?) where it won't have a lot of movement.

Ben-0

I kinda figured it would be the connection I just haven't had a chance to check it out yet, well at least that's what I'm hoping. I'll do it this afternoon pray for me fellas haha
Thanks for the help

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I kinda figured it would be the connection I just haven't had a chance to check it out yet, well at least that's what I'm hoping. I'll do it this afternoon pray for me fellas haha
Thanks for the help

In the event that it still happens, I might suggest swapping your harnesses from each side. Then you'll be able to tell if it's the harness themselves or if it's a short somewhere up in the factory wiring. You might even go ahead and do it while you're in there. There's no harm in it and it will help troubleshoot it if it happens again.

Serg5000

I had the same happen to my stock lights. I picked up some dielectric grease and it solved the problem.

We sell a ton of trucklite headlights and this is always the connection and hasn't been the light yet. I guess all these light companys source the h4-h13 harness from the same place and they don't fit very nice. Make sure you use Dielectric grease.

David

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
We sell a ton of trucklite headlights and this is always the connection and hasn't been the light yet. I guess all these light companys source the h4-h13 harness from the same place and they don't fit very nice. Make sure you use Dielectric grease.

David

I had wires that weren't even seated correctly in mine when it came new. I think the qa on the harnesses leaves something to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

David
What he said...:thumb:

d90king

I've heard countless issues with the Trucklites have been occurring as of late. A good buddy lost BOTH headlights in a 30 min span. At this point I'd stay away from the company as it appears that their quality control has gone down hill fast and they are just shipping junk these days.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I've heard countless issues with the Trucklites have been occurring as of late. A good buddy lost BOTH headlights in a 30 min span. At this point I'd stay away from the company as it appears that their quality control has gone down hill fast and they are just shipping junk these days.

Countless issues?

bkac

Caught the Bug
It's very rare you hear of problems from TL. I myself only ever really hear happy people that love them! Lots of people run them on this forum and also it seems that TL stands behind their products 100%.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

mikefishes

Countless issues?

By "countless" perhaps he means to say that he didn't bother to count. Perhaps he meant to say that he heard a few times and couldn't count that high. Perhaps he heard this once a day for the last year and yet that number was unable to be counted by him. Give him the benefit of the doubt, Olram!

:doh:

mikefishes

Countless issues?

It's very rare you hear of problems from TL. I myself only ever really hear happy people that love them! Lots of people run them on this forum and also it seems that TL stands behind their products 100%.

I've heard JK_b/c_yolo say that TL is a strong company COUNTLESS times. I just don't know what to think!

bkac

Caught the Bug
I've heard JK_b/c_yolo say that TL is a strong company COUNTLESS times. I just don't know what to think!

Really? That's the first time I've ever said that. I'm just sharing my thoughts of what other people have told me when asking about them.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I can say that tl stands behind their product 100%. I wouldn't have purchased mine if they were some cheap lights or "junk"

d90king

Countless issues?

Yeah, at this point over the last year and a half its probably somewhere between 27-35 issues I've read about, been told about or seen personally. I've been surprised that they haven't brought the harness in-house considering that seems to be the problem almost half of the time.

Top Bottom