Traction control

K9wells

Have a 2012 Rubicon with MC 2.5" ARB Lift, synergy 1.75" spacers. Here recently my traction control keeps going crazy. I put the lift on the vehicle back in FEB and had an alignment done, no issues even wheeling almost every weekend till August. I was off roading and traction control would kick on every time I drive, I took it for another alignment which fixed the issue. Went OFFROAD yesterday and now its coming back on. Is there something else I am missing or do I just keep throwing my alignment off everytime I go out now? I did check my ball joints which do have play in them and my drag link I can feel popping when holding onto while someone turns the wheels, could this be causing the issue? I went ahead and ordered upgraded ball joints tie rod and drag link.

Have a 2012 Rubicon with MC 2.5" ARB Lift, synergy 1.75" spacers. Here recently my traction control keeps going crazy. I put the lift on the vehicle back in FEB and had an alignment done, no issues even wheeling almost every weekend till August. I was off roading and traction control would kick on every time I drive, I took it for another alignment which fixed the issue. Went OFFROAD yesterday and now its coming back on. Is there something else I am missing or do I just keep throwing my alignment off everytime I go out now? I did check my ball joints which do have play in them and my drag link I can feel popping when holding onto while someone turns the wheels, could this be causing the issue? I went ahead and ordered upgraded ball joints tie rod and drag link.

Check to be sure all your wires to sensors are intact. Sounds like you may have a knocked a sensor loose. It is just a WAG.

Good Luck.

R/
Will

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I can help. But I thought you didn't like this place? Weren't you the "learn who the Fuck I am" guy?
Anyways. Probably your drag link adjuster sleeve. Make sure the seam on it and pinch bolts are aligned.

I can help. But I thought you didn't like this place? Weren't you the "learn who the Fuck I am" guy?
Anyways. Probably your drag link adjuster sleeve. Make sure the seam on it and pinch bolts are aligned.

Can you post a pic? Curious.

K9wells

Check to be sure all your wires to sensors are intact. Sounds like you may have a knocked a sensor loose. It is just a WAG.

Good Luck.

R/
Will

I did check all the wires for crimps or cuts I thought it could be that my next step is to pull each sensor and ensure they did not get mud or something in them. But i believe an alignment would not fix the issue if it was a sensor.

K9wells

Thanks and will do.

JAGS

Hooked
Anyways.

Hmmm. Interesting. Just my :twocents:, I was thinking maybe steering wheel was off center could be another cause. ??

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Not the best picture, but this way seems to clamp better and kept my steering wheel from getting knocked off after going off road. Little trick from overlander.

Attachments

• 1412727612301.jpg
    1412727612301.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 91

JKbrick

When I installed my flip drag link the paper that came with it said 45 ft pounds on those bolts. I started to torque them down and that seemed like way to much so I got Eddies specs and it is in the 20s. Just fyi

K9wells

Not the best picture, but this way seems to clamp better and kept my steering wheel from getting knocked off after going off road. Little trick from overlander.

Checked mine it does look like this. My traction control turned off today for awhile than I hit a pothole and now its back on. Tried adjusting the drag link but doesn't seem to work for long.

K9wells

Well since I am upgrading/replacing everything else the only speed sensor I can find is for the front anyone know where I can get an entire set?

Top Bottom