Business professionals... give me info plz

jktubby

So by this coming spring, i will be in my senior year of college. I am pushing to graduate in the summer, so that means lots of classes. However that is not the point. The point of this thread is for me to gather as much information as possible, so i can make a decison on what i really want to finish my degree in. I am currently working towards a degree in accounting. However, I am taking a finance class this semester as a requirement for business degrees and it's actually getting my attention more then accounting. I do like accounting, but i think finance interests me more since its actually more calculations. I guess you can say calculations geek :crazyeyes:, i like math quite a bit. So if anyone has a degree in finance or a degree in accounting, can you give me info on your job like:
What you do?
What you like or dislike?
Opportunity for growth with each degree?
I've been looking it up lately and I would just like to get a little more info from fellow jeepers. I need to make my decision by Oct. 28th, because i start registeration for next semester. Which the classes will be all accounting or all finance. Thanks for the help everyone. You can also pm me if you dont want people to know what you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, wish i could help you but, i got a degree in architecture and now play with jeeps. :crazyeyes:

good luck to you though, at least you have a useful degree.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I work with people in finance and accounting on a regular if not daily basis. I've met smart and successful people in both fields. Both offer many opportunities for advancement. Do what interests you. There is nothing worse than working with someone who does not like their job.

Good luck!

jktubby

hmmm, wish i could help you but, i got a degree in architecture and now play with jeeps. :crazyeyes:

good luck to you though, at least you have a useful degree.

I wish play with jeeps was a degree :sigh: lol

MTG thanks for the help. I think i like finance more, plus i'll know how to use the stock market to make money. :)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm a semi-retired math teacher. I believe I can safely say, if you have a fundamental love of mathematics and like/love children of any age, there is a job waiting for you in education. The pay is reasonable, well benefited and there will be time for you to go play in your JK. Check it out. It's not for everyone, but it's worth a look. No matter what you choose, congratulations and best wishes upon graduation.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I've got a business degree, however chose to work for the government in a different capacity. My degree did however come I useful when it comes to managing resources and people. I wish you the best of luck. My least favorite classes were accounting and I rather enjoyed finance classes.

Top Bottom