Went mudding and...

JKU EXTREME

Okay, so I went mudding the other day and now one of my wheels is squeaking pretty badly. (My buddy thinks it's the brake hub) it only squeaks when I get to 30mph and bellow.
I have I idea what to do...😁

So if someone could assist me that would be most helpful

Thanks

MrHooah04

Could be a pebble stuck in your brake hub..happened to me before and I just drove 50 miles and the squeaking faded away ( most likely wore out the stone )

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yea give your jeep and really good power washing all around the wheels and brakes. even pull your wheels if you have to. if it still happens after that then maybe we can help a little more

jeeeep

Hooked
pull your wheels so you can get a better look.

also check your brake dust cover - it may be bent a little but easy to straighten

rich67

Caught the Bug
Mud definitely causes all kinds of creaks and squeaks to come out of the Wrangler woodwork. I had a squeak until I got under the Jeep and blasted every square inch of it with high pressure water. I also like to use Purple Power on some of the other areas, as it does a good job of cleaning out gunk from smaller crevices. Make sure you hit the wheels from the backside and front side real well; that's where a lot of the noises and issues come from. My buddy had so much mud on his rims his Jeep developed a wobble as we drove back home. Once he cleared out a pound of mud from inside the rim, the shimmy went away. LOL. I also use a can of silicone spray afterwards on some of the major components.

jims68

Especially when the rock gets caught between the rotor and the guard. The harmonic drives you and people around you nuts!

Top Bottom