What would you do about gearing?

UpsideUp

Hey all! Was looking for advice on gearing. I have a JKSU and as you know it's got the D30 in front. On my last trip to the Sierras I made a list of things I would like to upgrade and Gears were at the top of it.
I'm still running stock gears with 35's and once in altitude it totally lags and in 4 low I even killed it on some obstacles.
The question is this..I would love to upgrade to 4.88 with the hope of running 37's some day but at that point I will need to upgrade the 30 to a Pro Rock 44.
Is it worth spending the money on labor and gears now if some day I want to upgrade?
Or would you all just live with it for now and save the pennies for the axle?
I guess my fear is upgrading the gears means I should probably do shafts while I'm in there as well as "C" gussets. When you add all that up it seems just about 2k from a Pro Rock.
But...I'm wondering if I do those upgrades now will I be happy with those and not feel the need for the axle upgrade for a long while?
What do you think?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
if your close to being able to afford a PR44 i would wait till you get it. this way you only pay the gears in the rear. if your on the 1-2 year plan like i was when i regeared then regear now. in either situation i would still gusset your axle C's and thats it. dont worry about shafts.

Top Bottom