Newbie-Install Days-Beer?! Ever?!

GENREC

Newbie-Install Days-Beer?! Ever?! OC,Cali

Hey guys, newbie here with a 2014 JKU from Lake Forest, SoCal, just wondering if I missed a section or thread for install or help type days for certain things on the JK, like headlights, hood latches, or whatever? Beer, pizza, yea or nay? These ever happen? or is everyone just do it yourselfers? :D

Last edited:

sean.m.adams33

Hey guys, newbie here with a 2014 JKU from Lake Forest, SoCal, just wondering if I missed a section or thread for install or help type days for certain things on the JK, like headlights, hood latches, or whatever? Beer, pizza, yea or nay? These ever happen? or is everyone just do it yourselfers? :D

I have never seen a thread but not a bad idea. Usually if people ask somebody(s) usually just jump in. Is there something you need help with?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Post up and perhaps folks might offer. Most folks meet the. Realize they live somewhat close, just ask and no doubt someone will be willing to lend a hand.

I believe what you are asking about is called a wrenching party. Not a bad idea. I've heard of something similar for fender cutting, not sure if it was on this forum or not, but if it's something you'd like to try then set it up and see who goes for it :thumb:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yeah, we had a wrenching party late Saturday night on the Rubicon trail. 5 people showed up to straighten a metaljoke tierod. Good times!
I'm sure if you ask someone will be willing to help you out.
:thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Davwashere

Yeah, we had a wrenching party late Saturday night on the Rubicon trail. 5 people showed up to straighten a metaljoke tierod. Good times!
I'm sure if you ask someone will be willing to help you out.
:thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those are the best kind of wrenching parties. Lots of jokes and good times.

GENREC

Cool, thanks guys! I'm still doing home work ,and I'm bone stock for now. I will def reach out when I start buying parts. I may do TrukLites first with the anti-flicker harness, I'm just not much of an electrical guy, if any of you all have done this, and its cake , please let me know, let's meet up!

Genrec :thumb:

sean.m.adams33

Cool, thanks guys! I'm still doing home work ,and I'm bone stock for now. I will def reach out when I start buying parts. I may do TrukLites first with the anti-flicker harness, I'm just not much of an electrical guy, if any of you all have done this, and its cake , please let me know, let's meet up!

Genrec :thumb:

It is so easy. If you need help let us know. But it's fool proof

jesse3638

Hooked
Actually next Friday morning (10/17@8am) I'm helping a guy cut his fenders. He's coming up to my place and then we're gonna go do some local trail exploring after. If anyone else is interested shoot me a PM and I'll get you my address and cell#. I've got tools and have helped several people with installs of things so we could do more than cut fenders if you need help. I'm up in Apple Valley.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GENREC

Actually next Friday morning (10/17@8am) I'm helping a guy cut his fenders. He's coming up to my place and then we're gonna go do some local trail exploring after. If anyone else is interested shoot me a PM and I'll get you my address and cell#. I've got tools and have helped several people with installs of things so we could do more than cut fenders if you need help. I'm up in Apple Valley.

Sounds cool, wish I could make a Mon-Fri day like this but Im a working class sucker..LOL. Have fun guys, I will hit you up sometime on a weekend!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Sounds cool, wish I could make a Mon-Fri day like this but Im a working class sucker..LOL. Have fun guys, I will hit you up sometime on a weekend!

Hey man I'm just down the street in Mission Viejo. If you ever need help with any installs we could totally meet up. Also like was aready mentioned the truck lite headlamps are a super easy install but if you want some extra hands hit me up!

GENREC

Hey man I'm just down the street in Mission Viejo. If you ever need help with any installs we could totally meet up. Also like was aready mentioned the truck lite headlamps are a super easy install but if you want some extra hands hit me up!

Thanks man, appreciate it! :rock:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Same here to you both. 4x4Jesus I may have seen you around before. I live off oso by golf course

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Got the fenders cut! Sorry I didn't snap any pics but it was good to meet a fellow So-Cal Wayalifer. I was thinking this could be something that would be fun to do everything month or two. Bolts, beer and bbq has a nice ring to it. In that order..Haha. I don't think much would get accomplished if it went beer, bbq, and bolts. I know that not everyone has the place, tools or maybe the knowledge to work on their jeeps. I may not have all the knowledge but I like wrenching on jeeps almost as much as wheeling and am always willing to help. I know others have more knowledge and I'm sure wouldn't mind helping out either. If this sounds like something anyone would be interested in I'm offering up my garage and any tools I have (sorry no tools for keeps..;)) let me know and we can plan this.

GENREC

Anyone in South OC install the Truck-Lights with anti flicker harness or the Terraflex hinged tire carrier with 3rd brake light? Thinking of pulling the trigger on these as some of my first mods, but if I have any issues, anyone done these for sure?

Thanks!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Anyone in South OC install the Truck-Lights with anti flicker harness or the Terraflex hinged tire carrier with 3rd brake light? Thinking of pulling the trigger on these as some of my first mods, but if I have any issues, anyone done these for sure?

Thanks!

I've installed the trucklite's and I'm sure the Teraflex carrier isn't too bad of an install. Do you need an aftermarket carrier? I'm in mission viejo and would be willing to help whenever.

Top Bottom