Bilstein 5100 part number for 3" plush rides

bkac

Caught the Bug
Does anybody have the Bilstein 5100 part number for the front and rear shocks on an Enforcer 3" kit. When i purchased the kit from Northridge they sent me shocks that work for a 3.5"-5" lift. I noticed a buddy's 4" Enforcer has the same shocks I received. The coils become unseated at full flex with the shocks they sent me. I'm wondering if there is a different set of shocks for the 3" kit verses the 4" kit when you use the Bilstiens.
Here's a picture of the boxes with the part numbers!

1412870349636.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Those are 11" front travel and 10.5"rear. those shouldn't unseat your coils. What's unseating? Front or rear?
King shocks are about the same length. They go 0-2" , 3-5" and 6+".

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Those are 11" front travel and 10.5"rear. Sounds those shouldn't unseat your coils. What's unseating? Front or rear?
King shocks are about the same length. They go 0-2" , 3-5" and 6+".

Fronts are unseating.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run the 2" out back with rockstarts, and 3-5 or whatever it is up front with the 3" plush but my 2 door sits a little higher. Never had a coil unsteat that I know of tho. I just felt the 2" lift front ones were a little short and would hinder flex so I went longer.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I run the 2" out back with rockstarts, and 3-5 or whatever it is up front with the 3" plush but my 2 door sits a little higher. Never had a coil unsteat that I know of tho. I just felt the 2" lift front ones were a little short and would hinder flex so I went longer.

Thanks.

Panda

Hey guys jk_bc_yolo started this thread to help me out after I purchased this lift from him, pretty cool of him to make sure it's right :clap2: we both had coils unseating and popping back into place his 4door and my 2door with this combo 3 inch plush rides and bilsteins, ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412903866.777275.jpg does any body know what the problem could be? Or a possible fix?
Thanks guys -Panda (Rob)

Hey guys jk_bc_yolo started this thread to help me out after I purchased this lift from him, pretty cool of him to make sure it's right :clap2: we both had coils unseating and popping back into place his 4door and my 2door with this combo 3 inch plush rides and bilsteins, View attachment 104872 does any body know what the problem could be? Or a possible fix?
Thanks guys -Panda (Rob)

His coils aren't completely unseating, as in falling out, but they are lifting just enough to allow them to spin out of the groove they ride in. Once back to level ground they spin back and the popping he hears is the coils dropping back into the groove. If these are in fact the correct shocks then is there anything that can be done to keep the coils from spinning out of place? As far as I could tell, it's only the front that is popping, the rears looked just fine.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
His coils aren't completely unseating, as in falling out, but they are lifting just enough to allow them to spin out of the groove they ride in. Once back to level ground they spin back and the popping he hears is the coils dropping back into the groove. If these are in fact the correct shocks then is there anything that can be done to keep the coils from spinning out of place? As far as I could tell, it's only the front that is popping, the rears looked just fine.

Maybe some spring retainers just to hold them in place.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Maybe some sitting retainers just to hold them in place.

It did the exact same thing on my Jeep. Maybe just tap a retainer clip asset the bottom of the spring like the ole TJ days.

Maybe some sitting retainers just to hold them in place.

Something like that, yes. Where would he find something like that? I was thinking maybe one or two (won't take much) on the top or bottom, but not both. How about a couple electrical conduit hangers? Maybe something similar to this? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412906328.593169.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Something like that, yes. Where would he find something like that? I was thinking maybe one or two (won't take much) on the top or bottom, but not both. How about a couple electrical conduit hangers? Maybe something similar to this? View attachment 104878

You only need it on the bottom. The coil has to be seated properly on the bottom because of the coil bucket. The top just slides in and there is nothing it has to line up to.

Panda

You only need it on the bottom. The coil has to be seated properly on the bottom because of the coil bucket. The top just slides in and there is nothing it has to line up to.

Thanks Overlander, it sounds like it should be an easy fix

bkac

Caught the Bug

Yup, exactly what he said! :thumbup:

Top Bottom