Running 37's ??

Eshiflett

Hey guys dumb question here, I have a 2012 JKU (Non Rubi) :( :( 4 inch teraflex with 35s, 6 speed, 3.6 penastar and stock gearing.. im getting ready to buy some new tires and im wanting to run 37s question is can and will it be okay to run 37s with stock axles and gearing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
since you have a d30 up front you will be putting a lot of strain on your front axle. you can run it for a bit but you will want to upgrade your axle to a PR44 sooner rather than later. in the mean time i would gusset your axle C's if you havent already for your 35's and deff do it if you want 37's

as for gearing you may want to look at the chart in the noobie section. you will want to regear to 4.88's since you have a stick and will be paring it with 37's

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The most I would get are c gussets, then save for better axles. Had to edit. Forgot about the d30

Depending on how hard you plan on wheeling the D30 will last. I would not recommend putting a locker in the front due to the ring size. Additionally stay with chromoly shafts. Once you re-gear your weakest link is going to be the ring and pinion.

I posed the same question in a pm and was given the same advice. As long as you do not plan on doing any rough rack crawling and locking the front you should, and use that lightly, be ok.

I would say stick with the 35's until you upgrade your axle.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eshiflett

Sweet deal dudes, thanks a bunch, yeah im going to order those gussets and just keep 35s ... not to many spots here in VA that are hardcore.

Depending on how hard you plan on wheeling the D30 will last. I would not recommend putting a locker in the front due to the ring size. Additionally stay with chromoly shafts. Once you re-gear your weakest link is going to be the ring and pinion.

I posed the same question in a pm and was given the same advice. As long as you do not plan on doing any rough rack crawling and locking the front you should, and use that lightly, be ok.

I would say stick with the 35's until you upgrade your axle.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom