Big Problem! HELP!

JKLIFE

Prior to yesterday, no issues at all. So with that I was leaving the gym in my 07 JKU Auto and went to accelerate and it would not hammer down. It was a gradual incline in speed. I pushed the pedal to the floor and it still would not go higher than 2000 RPMs. Made it home. I turned it off, then back on and it seemed like everything was back to normal.
But today I went to start it and no dice. Dead jeep! No warning lights on the dash..... Any thoughts? Fluids are good. Would a dying battery cause this?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Sounds like the alternator. Your description sounds exactly like what happen to my daily driver. Doesnt auto zone have the ability to test it? I would start there.

Loading please wait....

Brankz

Sounds like the alternator. Your description sounds exactly like what happen to my daily driver. Doesnt auto zone have the ability to test it? I would start there.

Loading please wait....

Oreilys test starter alternator and battery for free

jeeeep

Hooked
any chance you still have the stock battery in place? take the alternator and battery to an auto parts store and they can test them for you.

mine did that after the battery died, it wouldn't hold a charge at all due to bad plates but the motor would go into limp mode. Haven't had any issues since.

Get it all tested before you spend any money, worst thing is to spend and then find out you didn't need to..I know this all too well

Top Bottom