PSP Rock Brawler 2 or 2.1?

bthomas

Brown Santa dropped off a new front and rear bumper today, but my question is...
Has anyone seen this before? Every pic in Poison's site shows a receiver built in, the bumper I got does not. I did see another JK a few weeks ago and it didn't have the receiver either. PSP doesn't show it as an option, and of course it Friday after business hours so I can't call them till Monday. I was all ready to spray and mount them this weekend. Truth be told, I like the way this one looks without the receiver better, but was looking forward to getting it moved up a few inches. FWIW I don't really tow anything except a utility trailer a few times a year at most, but am thinking of a small light tent trailer at some point in the future. Thanks!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412997092.411702.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412997127.237764.jpg

Last edited:

Panda

Brown Santa dropped off a new front and rear bumper today, but my question is...
Has anyone seen this before? Every pic in Poison's site shows a receiver built in, the bumper I got does not. I did see another JK a few weeks ago and it didn't have the receiver either. PSP doesn't show it as an option, and of course it Friday after business hours so I can't call them till Monday. I know they were trying to get an official goobermemt "tow rating". Not sure if they were able to or not. I was all ready to spray and mount them this weekend. Truth be told, I like the way this one looks without the receiver better, but was looking forward to getting it moved up a few inches. FWIW I don't really tow anything except a utility trailer a few times a year at most, but am thinking of a small light tent trailer at some point in the future. Thanks!!
View attachment 105045

View attachment 105046

Poison spyder has always offered the bumper with or without tow receiver, you have to specify you want the receiver, it is not tow rated but it's surely strong enough for a small trailer

bthomas

Poison spyder has always offered the bumper with or without tow receiver, you have to specify you want the receiver, it is not tow rated but it's surely strong enough for a small trailer

Thanks for the quick reply! My little brain is under the influence of barley and hops at the moment and never thought about getting a mislabeled unit until you posted! You made me think of it! I checked the part number on my invoice against the p/n on the box against Northridge and PSP's websites. They both show the same bumper with receiver for the number I ordered. I should have gotten a Rock Brawler II http://northridge4x4.com/shop/poison-spyder-jk-2007-14-rockbrawler-ii-rear-bumper-17-62-010 That was what I ordered, was billed and paid for. What it looks like I got was a Rock Brawler (V.1) http://northridge4x4.com/shop/poison-spyder-jk-rockbrawler-rear-bumper-17-61-010

I'm not worried about the whole tow rating thing, I'd put good money on the PSP being way stronger than the factory receiver! I thought that before I ordered it, and now seeing first hand the quality of welds, material and workmanship, I'm sure of it!

So, I guess I will be making some calls Monday morning, Not too big a deal, I'm sure it will be taken care with no fuss. Crap happens. I spent almost 20 years in the auto parts biz, it happens pretty frequently really... As much as I like the look with no receiver in the bumper, I do need one occasionally now, and maybe more than that later on, So I would like to get it moved up as I have already smacked and dragged my stock unit quite a few times. But I guess the stock unit has saved my tupperware from caving in! :cheesy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom