Rigid Industries Dually Lights

RockIt Man

Hello all,

I am planning on using the EVO rear tire carrier which deletes the stock reverse lights.

My question is, which set of Duallys would be the best ones to use for use as reverse lights?

Dually vs D2

Dually Patterns: Spot, Flood, Diffusion

D2 patterns: Wide, Driving, Diffusion

As you can see, there are alot of choices here...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
actually, we are in fact running D2 dually's. a flood setup might have been better for just backup lights but, we wanted something that would really light things up for us :yup:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
wayoflife said:
right, we got floods. works super well to light things up at night when in the mountains and desert. kinda much backing out of a supermarket parking lot though :D

Haha I bet, the people probably get pissed!

GCM 2

right, we got floods. works super well to light things up at night when in the mountains and desert. kinda much backing out of a supermarket parking lot though :D

Also, do you remember on 2011's JKX coming back from running Holy Cross on day one when we followed Lo2ay's JK on the really long, dusty forest road? You and I both had that moment of "oh yes, I get it now, new mod coming up!" because he was the only jeep you could see thru the dust due to him running those rear facing spot beams in the daytime. That is by far the best reason and use I have seen to date for running rear facing lights :thumb:

RockIt Man

That's a second great use out of them other than the actual reverse function.

I do recall a time I was out on the trail at night with a huge storm blowing in. We had gotten lost inside a creek and could not find a way out. The rain was blowing in and it reminded me of that scene on Jurassic Park with Newman lol. The point is we couldn't see with the heavy rain and brush.

So I'm guessing an additional mod to this mod would be to add a separate switch.

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
Also, do you remember on 2011's JKX coming back from running Holy Cross on day one when we followed Lo2ay's JK on the really long, dusty forest road? You and I both had that moment of "oh yes, I get it now, new mod coming up!" because he was the only jeep you could see thru the dust due to him running those rear facing spot beams in the daytime. That is by far the best reason and use I have seen to date for running rear facing lights :thumb:

I turned the round halogens in my LOD bumper on once during JKX when we were cruising some dirt road at high speed. On the radio I hear somebody stating there was a jeep coming towards the back of the pack. Guess they worked.

:cheesy:

Last edited:

GCM 2

I turned the round halogens in my LOD bumper on once during JKX when we were cruising some dirt road at high speed. On the radio I hear somebody stating there was a jeep coming towards the back of the pack. Guess they worked.

:cheesy:

Yep, that is something to get used to, following a set of headlights pointing right at you!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I run the EVO tire carrier and I use a single SRM2 Diffuser model. Overkill for reverse lights, and a 2nd would work well for add'l light in a dust storm.

I've actually considered getting a dedicated amber RI light specifically for the dust.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Hello all,

I am planning on using the EVO rear tire carrier which deletes the stock reverse lights.

My question is, which set of Duallys would be the best ones to use for use as reverse lights?

Dually vs D2

Dually Patterns: Spot, Flood, Diffusion

D2 patterns: Wide, Driving, Diffusion

As you can see, there are alot of choices here...

I have a roof rack and put 2 of the Rigid Dually 4 bulb floods on the back. They work great and put out a ton of light. I ran the wiring back up to a switch in the A pillar. If you only have room for 1 a Dually D2 might be better since they have 6 LEDs. I put a 200 ohm (If i remember correctly) resistor on the bottom tab of the switch to dim the red led in the switch so I don't get blinded when the light is on. The switches are pretty bright out of the box.

IMG_1869.jpg
IMG_1870.jpg
IMG_1872.jpg
IMG_1877.jpg
IMG_1898.jpg

Last edited:

sean.m.adams33

Always bringing up old s***, Can anyone show me pics of how they mounted their dually's with the evo carrier? I am running no rear bumper and am curious how you mounted/wired them. Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Take a look at MTG's rig. We put dually's on the carrier itself and then the bar on the tub above the crossmember. We used nutserts to mount the bar. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374378335.621223.jpg

Top Bottom