Extended ABS Speed Sensor

jeeeep

Hooked
Do any manufacturers make an extended abs speed sensor line?

I finally got new shocks installed and was doing a full cycling of the new PR44 and am really disappointed how the shop that used to do good work failed. I don't want to get off topic but my abs line seems shorter now?

I don't think it's the d44 versus PR44, maybe the way it's routed but the way it is now it's no longer tied to the brake line, doesn't allow for full droop and looks like it could snag on the new shocks.

glad I installed the shocks, otherwise I wouldn't have caught all the stuff that was not off-road ready

Adding more connections to corrode or get snagged probably isn't your answer. Look how much Moby flexes, he doesn't have extended lines. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413183890.205507.jpg

Buster3479

There are 2 different length sensors. I'll have to grab you the longer length part number after work. If the shop that was working on your rig replaced them, they may have used the shorter length sensors. When I bought replacement Mopar unit bearings, they came with the shorter length sensors.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do any manufacturers make an extended abs speed sensor line?

I finally got new shocks installed and was doing a full cycling of the new PR44 and am really disappointed how the shop that used to do good work failed. I don't want to get off topic but my abs line seems shorter now?

I don't think it's the d44 versus PR44, maybe the way it's routed but the way it is now it's no longer tied to the brake line, doesn't allow for full droop and looks like it could snag on the new shocks.

glad I installed the shocks, otherwise I wouldn't have caught all the stuff that was not off-road ready

the best think to do is reroute the lines. when i replaced my unit bearing the speed sensor line is shorter than stock. i asked eddie if he has waving any trouble with his since i got the same one as him and his response was no. just reroute it or dont attach it to the facotry points.

jeeeep

Hooked
There are 2 different length sensors. I'll have to grab you the longer length part number after work. If the shop that was working on your rig replaced them, they may have used the shorter length sensors. When I bought replacement Mopar unit bearings, they came with the shorter length sensors.

that would be great - thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
the best think to do is reroute the lines. when i replaced my unit bearing the speed sensor line is shorter than stock. i asked eddie if he has waving any trouble with his since i got the same one as him and his response was no. just reroute it or dont attach it to the facotry points.

I tried to reroute the lines - before I was able to reroute and zip them to the brake line, now I don't have enough line to do this.

Buster3479

Sorry, 12 hour day. I can't find my new in package spare right now, but the one in my trail spare parts bag is:

52060156AD

I've also bought spares from Duralast in a pinch, and the box I have for what seems like a the longer length is:
SU10069.

Hope it helps, when I'm more awake I'll try to find my new in package spare.

Buster3479

To be clear, these aren't longer, extended, or anything like this. They are the proper length. When you buy Mopar unit bearings, or order new sensors, there is a shorter version available people get either by accident, or bad bundling with the unit bearings.

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry, 12 hour day. I can't find my new in package spare right now, but the one in my trail spare parts bag is:

52060156AD

I've also bought spares from Duralast in a pinch, and the box I have for what seems like a the longer length is:
SU10069.

Hope it helps, when I'm more awake I'll try to find my new in package spare.

thanks! :beer:

Top Bottom