Has anyone purchased an extended warranty through www.chryslerwarrantys.com?

Jaydoc1

My 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is almost up (like really soon) on my 2013 JKUR.

I guess the first question is that is it worth the ~$1700 for an 8 year extended warranty considering I am planning on things for the Jeep that will make warranty work questionable (my local dealer seems pretty cool with mods however).

The second question is, assuming my JK doesn't get flagged, has anyone purchased through www.chryslerwarrantys.com (yes that's how it's spelled)? I'm basically wanting to make sure that they're reputable. They are quoting me right at $1700 for an 8 year $100 deductible Added Care+ plan.

I'm thinking of doing it unless the fine people of this website talk me out of it.

Thanks in advance for any information you might have. :thumb:

bran996

I use mercury insurance and bought my extended warranty through them. Same price and deductible. 7 years/ 100000 mile warranty. I've used it twice so far with no problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RamP

I bought the extended warranty when I bought mine in Dec. 12'. I liked the roadside assistance and free rental cars when work is being done. It's already paid for itself. I bent up the "loop" pipe on the drivers side and it was replaced with no questions asked. Plus some other small warranty work.
If you dealer is cool with mods I say go for it.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I don't have experience with the particular warranty you posted, but working at an automotive shop, I do have experience with aftermarket warranties. They're not a bad deal if you're gonna use them, which there's no way of knowing if you will are not. That being said, usually there are only certain things they will cover, parts/not labor, everything except diagnostics, etc. So make sure you read the fine print. The bad thing is to spend $1,700 and not have to use the warranty. As bad as it sounds, you would hope the motor blows or the trans drops, at least then you'd get your money back out of the warranty.

My JKU came with a mandatory unlimited POWERTRAIN warranty that was 'thrown in' with the vehicle (I couldn't opt out of it), the dealer I bought from gives this warranty with every new vehicle. It only covers MAJOR mechanical repair. I wouldn't have gotten it if I had a choice or was given a separate price for it and saw visually what that price was, instead it was tacked onto the vehicle price.

Jaydoc1

Thanks for the responses.

These are supposed to be Chrysler factory extended warranties which is why I'm just curious about the particular website.

I purchased an extended warranty on my Land Rover and it paid for itself about 15 times over while I learned that I never wanted to own another Land Rover once that warranty expired.

Several other extended warranties I have had also paid for themselves but then again I hadn't modified those vehicles at all.

I'm thinking of rolling the dice here since I've been waiting for my basic warranty to expire before starting the bigger mods on my JK. It's just that NOT having that safety net there gives me pause so when I got a letter from Jeep today I started investigating.

Decisions, decisions.

When I purchased my 2011 JKUS in February 2013 I was able to get an extended warranty through Chrysler that expires in 2094. Yes 2094. Try contacting your dealership's used car section and see what is available. I too am planning on things that would possible question my warranty but I mainly got it for items like the A/C Compressor, ECU and other high cost electronics.

R/
Will

JAGS

Hooked
Confirm if in fact the extended is an actual Chrysler/Jeep manufacturer warranty. Most are actually third party warranties simply re-sold through the dealer finance division. If you can get an ACTUAL manufacturer extended warranty for say $1000-$1200 and are OK with the principle of what an extended warranty/insurance is, that isn't a bad deal. You may still have issues getting service under the plan based on modifications to production vehicle.

I am/was lucky enough to have contacts in the auto industry and got an unreal deal on an extended warranty by going directly through the 3rd party. Ironically the same 3rd party vendor the dealer tried to sell me the day I purchased the Jeep. Dealer thought I was full of shit calling their price bluff until I dropped the name of the owner of the warranty company. LOL.

Just be careful of the fine print and actual coverages. You're betting you're going to break a covered part. They are betting on the fine print of exclusions. Usually house comes out ahead or these guys wouldn't be in business.

pahlbfishn

My 3 year/36,000 mile warranty is almost up (like really soon) on my 2013 JKUR.

I guess the first question is that is it worth the ~$1700 for an 8 year extended warranty considering I am planning on things for the Jeep that will make warranty work questionable (my local dealer seems pretty cool with mods however).

The second question is, assuming my JK doesn't get flagged, has anyone purchased through www.chryslerwarrantys.com (yes that's how it's spelled)? I'm basically wanting to make sure that they're reputable. They are quoting me right at $1700 for an 8 year $100 deductible Added Care+ plan.

I'm thinking of doing it unless the fine people of this website talk me out of it.

Thanks in advance for any information you might have. :thumb:

Put the $1700 under your mattress. If and when you need work done you have the coins to do most work. If you don't need it for repairs you will have $1700 for mods.

Hobolobo

I bought an extended warranty when I bought my first Jeep. When I traded it in to upgrade, I hadn't hit the mileage mark so I just sold it back to them and got a $1500 refund. So, if you do end up buying one, you can cancel it through the dealer or wherever you bought it from (at a prorated rate) if you rig ends up being flagged or you decide you don't need one.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I bought one when I bought the jeep new, had it for a week then realized I was probably wasting my money especially when i started doing mods. Cancelled it then got my money back, all but $10.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slavens

Caught the Bug
I bought the " Lifetime " Chrysler Warranty- I am and have been a Service Advisor for the past 10 Years with BMW i read over the whole contract seems pretty legit. Just my 2Cents

Top Bottom