Led light bars

Bryan__howell

Right now I currently am running a 30 inch light bar, and a set of cubes, along with a 7.5 inch led light bar. I'm wondering if I would be able to wire a 50inch as well. I know this may be pushing it with my dura last battery, but everything I have now has been giving me 0 problems. I'm just wondering if I added another if it would cross the line. All my lights are hooked up to relays as well.

StrizzyChris

Right now I currently am running a 30 inch light bar, and a set of cubes, along with a 7.5 inch led light bar. I'm wondering if I would be able to wire a 50inch as well. I know this may be pushing it with my dura last battery, but everything I have now has been giving me 0 problems. I'm just wondering if I added another if it would cross the line. All my lights are hooked up to relays as well.

as long as they are all wired correctly with in line fuses and relays, you'll be fine. Even all of that lighting draws less power than an older traditional set of 4 large halogen lights

Yeep

You'll be fine. I have a 20"/50"/pair of hyperspot duallys, some little sr-q's under the body and a pair of 6" in the rear bumper and everything works fine... And it's all probably less draw than a pair of old style halogen lights

t8er

like most said. wired properly you'll be ok. I've got a 50" light bar, Dually's on my a-pillars, Dually D-2's on the bumper and some cree's in my bumper. I'm planning on building a relay box at christmas since I'm looking to add rock lights, and another set of lights angled off the rear

If anything I would look at upgrading your alternator. When you Jeep is running that is where the power is coming from not the battery.

The next question is do you really need a 50 inch light bar or is it a want? Ony reason I ask is that is a lot of coin for a light bar that will only get used at night on the trail? How much night trail riding do you actually do?

R/
Will

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If anything I would look at upgrading your alternator. When you Jeep is running that is where the power is coming from not the battery.

The next question is do you really need a 50 inch light bar or is it a want? Ony reason I ask is that is a lot of coin for a light bar that will only get used at night on the trail? How much night trail riding do you actually do?

R/
Will

This. While you will be fine with lightbars, when you add a heap of electronics, like fridges, etc, its not the battery you need to worry about, but rather the alternator. You need to make sure that the output of the alternator can produce MORE amps than your electronics are taking, and you need to account 80% of the alternator's power for the jeep itself to run all its own electronics.

Bryan__howell

R/
Will

About 50% of my time is spent off road, in the dark. Bump that up to 75 now because of hunting season. And sense I have a 4 mile drive to my hunting stands everyday. I like to have the lighting, also on the rural roads on the way up there.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
About 50% of my time is spent off road, in the dark. Bump that up to 75 now because of hunting season. And sense I have a 4 mile drive to my hunting stands everyday. I like to have the lighting, also on the rural roads on the way up there.

Honestly a 20" bar on your bumper will be more then enough. The wooded trails will help keep the light shinning forward. A 50" won't help that much.

Top Bottom