Any going to 2013 desert safari in ocotillo?

SoCalDozer

missed it last year but I will be back from deployment just in time to make it this year.
anyone else ever been or plan on going this year? they have a ton of trails and some really challenging obstacles at the truckhaven area if that is your thing to.
should be my first outting after 6 months of no jeeping. so looking forward to it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
we live somewhat close and so, we might go for a day but, it's a bit too much of a zoo for us to camp at anymore.

jelliott076

missed it last year but I will be back from deployment just in time to make it this year.
anyone else ever been or plan on going this year? they have a ton of trails and some really challenging obstacles at the truckhaven area if that is your thing to.
should be my first outting after 6 months of no jeeping. so looking forward to it.

I might be down for this, but if it's the zoo like Eddie says I won't be staying anywhere near there

this is what I found with a quick Google search: 51st TDS Desert Safari | Facebook
www.facebook.com/events/417029511676718. I can't open it from the office computer, but I'm definitely interested.

A friend of mine is putting together a Superstion's trip togeter sometime in November if you're back by then. Stay safe on the rest of your deployment and and THANK YOU FOR BEING OUT THERE!!

Semper Fi

SoCalDozer

I have never been so just wanted to check it out. I have friends that have a winter house out there so we usually stay there when we go so we are fighting for some crappy camping spot with thousands of other people. I do want to take a real wheeling trip when I get back so I will be looking around if anything is planning on taking one next spring when I return.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
We went for the first time last year. This event has way too many people for me, and there are way too many other places to explore.
We won’t be back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i personally hate the dust and the show in general. IMO its kinda lame

LOL!! glad i'm not the only one who feels that way :crazyeyes:

We went for the first time last year. This event has way too many people for me, and there are way too many other places to explore.
We won’t be back.

i tell myself that every year but somehow, i always end up going for at least one day and then wonder why i did. clearly, it's fun for plenty of people but, it's not really my cup of tea.

bowandarrow

I agree, it is too dusty and way to many people, but I met a lot of really cool people there last year camping with the the folks from this forum and JK forum so I will be back.

I went last year for the first time and had an awesome time - mostly because we met up and camped with a bunch of great people from JKF. If you do nothing else, enter and then stay for the raffle - they give away a ton of great stuff and I think there were at least 5 or 6 people from our JKF group that won. The fireworks were also really good. Yes, it is a big party atmosphere, crowded, and dusty! If that does not appeal to you, then camp as far from the main area as you can. I will be there! I think it starts March 1st...

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Last year was the first time for me. I am not a fan of huge crowds and was somewhat overcome by the controlled chaos that such a crowd can generate. The dust is everywhere, but not a show stopper. Bottom line; it was something that I wanted to experience at least once and I'm glad I did. I won't be going back soon though. If it is high on your "To Do" list then go ahead and take in the experience and you will be in a better position to decide for yourself about future trips.

i will be there!!!! this year the whole family gets to do the trip, last year my 4runner 4x4 stopped working...so this year we can take both jeeps

lbjeeper

I'll be there with my buddies not doing the official run, we're gonna go raise hell on our own. Best way to do it, I only register in hopes of raffle winning

Nevesjk06

Think I might be going. If I camp ill probably try and find a more secluded area away from all the main campgrounds. Great thing about Anza and Ocotillo there miles and miles of great camping areas to escape too.

Top Bottom