psc corners and evo rear tire carrier?

trailless

Caught the Bug
Metal has endless possibilities. Its possible but I wouldn't know if it would be worth it. Might be cheaper to sell the PSC corners and buy EVO corners.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can I make the evo rear tire carrier work with my psc corners? Anyone done this? Thanks! !!!

I would strongly discourage this for three reasons.

First the EVO tire carrier is designed for use with their corners, PSC is 1/8 and the EVO corners are 3/16 steel. A full 1/16 thinner.

Second you would have to have flanges put on to accept the tire carrier.

Third the PSC corners do not have the same amount of fasteners to secure the corners to the body.

R/
Will

JAGS

Hooked
I would strongly discourage this for three reasons.

First the EVO tire carrier is designed for use with their corners, PSC is 1/8 and the EVO corners are 3/16 steel. A full 1/16 thinner.

Second you would have to have flanges put on to accept the tire carrier.

Third the PSC corners do not have the same amount of fasteners to secure the corners to the body.

R/
Will

Yup. this!!! Not really doable with the EVO carrier, but you could likely do the genright.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. You could make the Genright tire carrier work but the Poison Spyder corners are just AEV corners with extensions on them. They are too thin and are form fitted to the body. The EVO tire carrier brackets are formed for their corner guards.

jmatta33

yeah I was going to get the PSC corners because everything else is PSC on my jeep, but I decided on going for the EVO corners instead because of the reasons listed above. they are thicker, less expensive, and designed to work with their tire carrier. im also planning to use the bumper fascia so basically the whole rear end will be evo and everything else PSC.

RLTW!!!

KingCopperhead

yeah I was going to get the PSC corners because everything else is PSC on my jeep, but I decided on going for the EVO corners instead because of the reasons listed above. they are thicker, less expensive, and designed to work with their tire carrier. im also planning to use the bumper fascia so basically the whole rear end will be evo and everything else PSC.

RLTW!!!

Nothing wrong with a psc/evo hybrid build! I love the PSC front bumper, and that's what I went with. Originally planned to stick with one manufacturer for my body armor, but ended up going with evo rocker skins and sliders because I like their sturdier mounting method.

Believe it or not it looks pretty Damn good!

Planning to do the evo rear skins with their carrier at some point in the distant future, with a rock brawler rear bumper. If it is compatible with the evo rear skins and carrier.

Best of both worlds.

Top Bottom