King's VS ??? Shock info

JeepMayhem

Looking at upgrading shocks to go with new lift kit, but stuck on the shock choice. Really unsure if I should be going with the Kings due to the fact im not to sure how they are going to hold up in 0 to -40 Fahrenheit temperatures. So hoping for some of your input on the shocks and if anyone else has testedto see if the Kings will hold up or if i'm going to rebuilding every spring

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
king vs. regular throw away shock. no experience with king, I just like looking at this picture.:thumb:
DSC09968 copy.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looking at upgrading shocks to go with new lift kit, but stuck on the shock choice. Really unsure if I should be going with the Kings due to the fact im not to sure how they are going to hold up in 0 to -40 Fahrenheit temperatures. So hoping for some of your input on the shocks and if anyone else has testedto see if the Kings will hold up or if i'm going to rebuilding every spring

What is the new lift?

twoxstreem

I am also considering getting King 2.5 resi shocks for my evo coils. I never heard of problems from cold temps. but that would be a problem living in the Northeast.

Anyone know about this?

GCM 2

Forum member "Clarsen" runs King shocks on his Off Road Evolution built rig and he is from Alberta. He would probably be the right guy to ask any Canadian Winter versus King Shock questions.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
His JK is now in SoCal holding down his American compound, but you are correct, he would know. He also (ASSUMING) he runs a similar shock on his truck that is ALWAYS out and about. Hope you are well my man!!! SEMA or KOH this year?

Forum member "Clarsen" runs King shocks on his Off Road Evolution built rig and he is from Alberta. He would probably be the right guy to ask any Canadian Winter versus King Shock questions.

GCM 2

His JK is now in SoCal holding down his American compound, but you are correct, he would know. He also (ASSUMING) he runs a similar shock on his truck that is ALWAYS out and about. Hope you are well my man!!! SEMA or KOH this year?

Yep, I knew he had made the move to Palm Springs. Glad to have him near me for some eventual wheeling shenanigans. I am doing good, only 10 days left over here in my third world location. Not sure I can make SEMA, but KOH is definitely on! I have already aligned my work schedule to be back in the states by January 25th. I will be on the lake bed by the 1st of February ;)

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I WILL (fairly sure :) ) see next year then!! :beer:

Yep, I knew he had made the move to Palm Springs. Glad to have him near me for some eventual wheeling shenanigans. I am doing good, only 10 days left over here in my third world location. Not sure I can make SEMA, but KOH is definitely on! I have already aligned my work schedule to be back in the states by January 25th. I will be on the lake bed by the 1st of February ;)

Top Bottom