rain water on my floormat

WoodChuck

We had about 4 inches of rain yesterday .When i got off work i had rain water on my floar mat on the drivers side. Am i not putting my tops in right or is this just the nature of the beast. Sorry by the way its a 2015 JKUR

FrankenJeeper

Soft top or hard top? I've heard the hard top'a freedom panels are hard to get to seal correctly. I can speak from experience of my factory soft top, soft tops will leak lol. Even a brand new soft top leaked with me at the passenger side door area.

Pull the drain plugs and let it run on out and grab an air freshener. Lol.

Surely someone who's figured out how to stop the leaking will chime in. I just pulled my carpet and bedlined the inside and left the drain plugs out. If it gets wet, oh well lol.

Panda

Sorry its a hard top

With the freedom top when you put the driver side panel on you have to make sure it catches on top of the passenger side panel correctly or it will leak, if you push it sideways into the seal it can bunch up and not seal right, if you've done it wrong you can see it'll be bulged up at the center seal

MTG

Caught the Bug
We had about 4 inches of rain yesterday .When i got off work i had rain water on my floar mat on the drivers side. Am i not putting my tops in right or is this just the nature of the beast. Sorry by the way its a 2015 JKUR

Sorry, but soft top or hard top, you are not putting your tops on correctly. :grayno:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Ok thanks guys gonna take them off and try it again

Clean the seals before you reinstall. Also watch the seal/molding right above the A pillar, it is a common place to fold the seal wrong and cause a leak.

jeeeep

Hooked
also, if you're using the bolts that pass through the sound bar and hold the panel, getting those too tight will lift the front of the panel and allow it to leak.

you can leave those bolts out, I haven't used them in about 2 years no issues.

WoodChuck

I put the tops back in and followed the instructions per jeep. I think your right i had them way too tight couldnt hardly loosen them.now they are finger tight. Well see what happens thanks for all the help guys means alot.

JKWrang

also, if you're using the bolts that pass through the sound bar and hold the panel, getting those too tight will lift the front of the panel and allow it to leak.

you can leave those bolts out, I haven't used them in about 2 years no issues.

I honestly couldn't figure out what the purpose of those 2 bolts were when I had a hard top

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
When you run with just the Freedom tops only and not the back, those bolts secure the back of the Freedom tops.

I honestly couldn't figure out what the purpose of those 2 bolts were when I had a hard top

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I took those bolts out when I bought the jeep and I've never put them back in. Same goes for the brand new '15'. Will pull the tops off for the first time the other day and they will never go back in... they will sit in the glove box... lol

warrkill

Mine leaked when it was brand new. I have a hard top. After 2 weeks at the dealer the realized the door wasnt aligned right. After that it hasnt leaked at all.

Top Bottom