4" lift

Jeep_Dawg08

Hi everyone. .. what I'm looking at is a 4" lift.
I only have 33s with cut fenders.
My question is does anyone have pics of this?
I only plan on 35s in the future, and not sure when that will happen.
Can anybody in the jeep world help me out?
I don't want to look ridiculous, but ots a good deal for the lift.
Thank you

●|||||||●

Webe

Why do you want to lift? 33s do not need a lift, specially with cut fenders. I ride with 35s and no lift.

Jeep_Dawg08

Ground clearance, stay outta the mud and water more.. have 2" now and I get highcentered on trails and bogged down in the mud more than others in my club. Lol

●|||||||●

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That's a lot of lift even for 35" tires and flat fenders. The most I would go is 3" coils with 35" tires. 2" might be better imo. You're better off gaining ground clearance with bigger tires.

Jeep_Dawg08

Oh I plan on 35s next yr. Nothing bigger cause I only havw a d30 up front. 37s would kill it. 35s are gonna be rough enough on it.
If I was gettjng getting a good deal id go 3".
But the 4" is calling my name. :rolleyes:

●|||||||●

computeruser6

I have a 4" Teraflex long arm LCG kit with LT285/75-R17 Toyo M/T's. I thought I might go bigger than a 35" tire but I probably never will and am installing 3" Evo coils on Saturday. The tire I really want to run is a 35x10.50-R17 Interco SSR. Jacking up the vehicle might push the frame up but still does nothing for axle clearance and never helped me out in the mud much. It certainly wasn't worth raising the center of gravity that much. Good luck. DSCF5207.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3628.jpg
    DSCF3628.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 186

olram30

Exactly, you could put a 6" lift and the lowest part of the jeep won't change. Plus the higher center of gravity doesn't help with 33" tires.

Jeep_Dawg08

I'm almost ashamed to say.. its a Rough Country.
Ik its frowned upon here and I understand that. Before I pull the trigger I'm gonna take a ride in a buddies first to test out the ride.

Talked to 5 ppl now and they love theirs.
Might call them and see what a deal I can get with a 3" lift then.
:banghead:
●|||||||●

Jeep_Dawg08

When we went out this past weekend, it was the axles hanging me up. It was underneath. I could feel it.
So thats why I wanted to go higher. Also, almost got high centered going over an embankment. Lol

●|||||||●

olram30

Is it this 500 buck "kit"? . You're going to spend more in the long run. This looks to be lacking caster correction, factor in steering upgrade also with a 4" lift. (Drag link flip), control arms, drive lines and who knows what else this kit is lacking. The quality isn't up to par either. It's not my jeep, or am I trying to give you a hard time, just trying to save you money. Suspension is something one shouldn't "skimp" on. If it were me, I'd go with the Rancho 2" sport kit for 35" tires. $400 bucks and will save you a ton of money in the long run. Plus the ride quality Will be better with rancho 9000 adjustable shocks and perform better off road.

Attachments

• 1413359717030.jpg
    1413359717030.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 156

olram30

And to answer your original question, it looks funny, here is 32" tires with 3" lift, the gap between the fender and tire should be the same. Inch bigger tire and inch taller.

Attachments

• 1413360493638.jpg
    1413360493638.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 164

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
When we went out this past weekend, it was the axles hanging me up. It was underneath. I could feel it.
So thats why I wanted to go higher. Also, almost got high centered going over an embankment. Lol

●|||||||●

As others have mentioned, a lift kit will not gain you any more clearance under your axles, larger tires will do that. I personally would not want to go that high with 35s due to center of gravity issues it may cause. If you go to my build thread (link in my signature) there are pics of a 3" lift with 33s. As you will see, there is plenty of room for 35s without any trimming. Just my Humble opinion, but 4" is alot of lift for a 35, plus you will need driveshaft, ft lower control arms, drag link flip, etc to get it right again with that much lift. Good luck on your purchase, I hope it all works out for you.

jeeeep

Hooked
4" lift will require front and rear drive shafts, no need for drag link flip but it will help. You'll also want to stay away from any kit that uses a drop pitman arm to keep your drag link in alignment or one that uses caster bolts.

Since you already have your fenders trimmed, 3" is enough to clear 35's. With 3.5" or less you won't need drive shafts right away, you will want to plan for a front ds since it will fail first. Rear ds you can get by for a while, depending on your use.

I have 3.5 lift ran front ds for over a year before it failed, rear is still stock

thardy

Banned
Why not just go with the 2.5 Stock Mod system from Rock Krawler? Quality kit, gives you plenty of room for 35's (even 37's with trimmed flares), and the ability to upgrade components as you go.

jedg

You live in the same town as I do. I'm running a 2.5" RK Max Travel with flat fenders on a JKU, it will clear 35" tires without trouble. I should have my JKUR back by November. If you aren't in a hurry, you could take a ride in mine to see what you think. Not saying go with RK, but you can get a hands-on experience of what that looks like.

BumpStick

I was going to piece together my own lift netting 3" but the mite and more I look I'm thinking of just getting one of the RK 2.5 kits. For now I'm happy with my 1.75 spacers with shock extensions with my 33 Iroks. I feel the next best place for me to place money is in regearing (3.21 + 33 leave something to be desired offroad) plus some lockers.

Top Bottom