BDS Suspension

ozzie

Does anyone on here have a take on BDS Suspension lifts? I've been told that it's a good solid suspension. I am looking for a good lift kit. I have looked at EVO Enforcer Kit and looked at BDS only because the mechanic at A shop I have gone to says BDS is a good way to go. I am leaning on EVO Enforcer.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Does anyone on here have a take on BDS Suspension lifts? I've been told that it's a good solid suspension. I am looking for a good lift kit. I have looked at EVO Enforcer Kit and looked at BDS only because the mechanic at A shop I have gone to says BDS is a good way to go. I am leaning on EVO Enforcer.

He makes money of BDS. It's a high profit kit.

IMO it's a budget lift company. I've never been impressed with the quality, the craftsmanship is lacking.

ozzie

That's kind of what I thought so I am still moving toward EVO Enforcer. Figured since this is what he sells most of.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Do the Enforcer kit and install it yourself. :thumb: If you need help, I'm sure you can entice some fellow members with BBQ and beer and still come out way ahead. :yup:

Yeep

Do the Enforcer kit and install it yourself. :thumb: If you need help, I'm sure you can entice some fellow members with BBQ and beer and still come out way ahead. :yup:

That's what I did.... And was able to get the king 2.5's I wanted with some of the cash I saved.....plus I learned a lot about my jeep in the process....

2013CGJKU

One of my good buddy's UPGRADED his BDS lift with a Teraflex long arm and it was a legit upgrade, if that tells you anything about their kits.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
One of my good buddy's UPGRADED his BDS lift with a Teraflex long arm and it was a legit upgrade, if that tells you anything about their kits.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I agree, the teraflex is better quality and heaver duty than the BDS. I removed a BDS long arm kit and installed a Full traction long arm kit in a JK a couple years ago. (Customers jk )

I couldn't believe how flimsy the BDS kit was.

2013CGJKU

I agree, the teraflex is better quality and heaver duty than the BDS. I removed a BDS long arm kit and installed a Full traction long arm kit in a JK a couple years ago. (Customers jk )

I couldn't believe how flimsy the BDS kit was.

Absolutely agreed^ It was amazing how bad this thing was.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

ozzie

Excellent information everyone I kind of figured this was going to be the outcome but I had to ask. I like to get people's opinion before making a big purchase.

ozzie

Ok last question I am not a serious off road rock crawler I might go off-roading a couple time a month and the rest on hard ball. What would be a Good lift kit. I have looked at a lot of them besides EVO and BDS. If I get EVO I don't know if I need King shocks what other shock would compliment the lift.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Ok last question I am not a serious off road rock crawler I might go off-roading a couple time a month and the rest on hard ball. What would be a Good lift kit. I have looked at a lot of them besides EVO and BDS. If I get EVO I don't know if I need King shocks what other shock would compliment the lift.

Rancho 7000 or the adjustable 9000 seem popular. I used bilstein and the ride is good. My jeep is getting pretty heavy, so I don't know on a light jeep.
As far lift kits, I'm sold on the enforcer for 3" to 4" or for a small lift the Rancho 2"sport.

bkac

Caught the Bug
The 9000s pair well with the EVO for a good cheaper adjustable option.
The Bilstiens are a tad stiff with an empty jeep for my taste. At least with the nine 9000s you're able to adjust it for your likings.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Dumb question, I didn't see it mentioned. But what size of tire are you planning on running and factory or trimmed fenders?

Top Bottom