Wave from Watkins Glen, NY!

arm993

Hello from the Finger Lakes in upstate NY. Just found Wayalife.com a few days ago after recently getting back into a Jeep. I got hooked with a well used YJ Sahara a number of years ago which eventually gave way to a TJ Rubicon which was my dream ride at the time. Unfortunately, I let the Rubicon go when the daily guilt of abusing her got the best of me. We were in Columbus, OH and the daily commute between the subdivision and the hospital parking garage at 80mph just wasn't working for me. Fastforward a few years and we moved home, living in a cottage with a 2 mile private dirt road that more resembles a goat path. My daily commute now includes about 15 miles of dirt roads over the hill and fire roads through a state forest. So, time to get back into an appropriate vehicle!

I picked up a 2013 JK Unlimited Sahara with 7,000 miles a few weeks ago. Original owner bought it new and had the dealer, who is an AEV installer, do a number of updates before delivery. He then drove it to Florida and surprised his wife who was less than pleased with his purchase evidently. He traded it back in to the same dealer for a Durango. So for the cost of a slightly discounted new Sahara, I've got a great starting point for my new dream Jeep. Updates from the dealer were an AEV Dualsport suspension with 2.5" lift, the AEV front and rear bumpers, LED headlights and taillights, Rigid light bar and cubes, and the Kelly Safari TSRs (285/70-17s). I rounded it out with the AEV Pintler wheels last week. That'll be it for a while but plan on adding a set of rock sliders and moving up to some 35" tires when I wear these out.

Glad to find a great online community with others that share the same obsession! Hopefully I'll add some value and meet up with a few of you for some rides. Thanks.

Andy
arm993

arm993 jk.jpg

arm993

Thanks! I like the AEV suspension pretty well so far. Handling on the road seems very stable and compliant. On the fire roads and a few easy trails I've found so far (some mud holes, ruts, ditches a couple feet deep) it works well too. Hope to test it out more soon.

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Gotta love someone else's misfortune that turned out to be a benefit for you.

Nice looking rig.

R/
Will

Top Bottom