OME JK. Anybody here have one?

BULLMAN

So for the past 3 weeks or so, I've been searching and searching, and looking and looking at things for my new JK. To say the least, things are clear as mud. I'm going to lift it first off and I'm intrigued about the OME lifts. Can't find too much online about them and such as far as reviews go. Just wandering if anyone here has one, either the full 4" or the OME HD kit, and how do you like it? Or if there's anything else out there that I'm missing and should take a look at, lay it out there. I'm aiming to install 35's with hopefully no trimming. Any and all help is appreciated.

Brankz

So for the past 3 weeks or so, I've been searching and searching, and looking and looking at things for my new JK. To say the least, things are clear as mud. I'm going to lift it first off and I'm intrigued about the OME lifts. Can't find too much online about them and such as far as reviews go. Just wandering if anyone here has one, either the full 4" or the OME HD kit, and how do you like it? Or if there's anything else out there that I'm missing and should take a look at, lay it out there. I'm aiming to install 35's with hopefully no trimming. Any and all help is appreciated.

4 inch for 35 it's a lil to high go with 3 inch
Also look at the Evo 3 inch lift ;)

Jackal01

Project JK has a write up posted on an OME lift. Not sure if that really helps with what you're looking for. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...er-long-travel-lift-kit-installation-write-up

4 inches really isn't needed for 35s unless you plan on going larger.

jeeeep

Hooked

I've run OME on other Jeeps I've owned, they make a good lift. For the JK, drawbacks I feel are price for what you get and their use of caster washers instead of control arms.

If you don't want to trim and run 35's you'll need at least 3-3.5" take a look at the Clayton Offroad entry systems and Evo Enforcer, you will need to add shocks - the Bilstein 5100's or Rancho RS7000 series are a good options.

Both kits include adjustable control arms and give you a good base system to build upon when you decide to build up more.

you will need to budget in for an exhaust spacer if you have a 2012 or newer jeep and front driveshaft (DS not needed immediately but something to plan for).

BULLMAN

Thanks for all the info everybody. I'm still looking at kits and the more I look at them, the more I kind of understand the differences. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check those out as well.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
What is your plans to use the jeep? A 2.5 inch budget boost is pretty inexpensive and will clear 35s. You may have to trim the fenders though, which you said you didnt want to do. From what I've seen though they are easier to sell AND recoup most of the money spent on it compared to other lifts. They are very appealing to people just wanting the look of bigger tires and not offroad much yet they still perform ok on trails for most people.

Something to think about.

Last edited:

JohnnyX

I was in the same boat as u last yr n I found AEV Duel Sport 3.5" lift works great for my 35" tires n stock fenders I wheel it hard w/ no problems no death wobble no body sway on the road jus a all around great suspension check em out

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom