lift ideas

jman_12

So I'm looking at getting a lift for Christmas. This is my first jeep and a daily driver so I want to do it right. I've looked at RK, Teraflex, Synergy, etc. Since I'm on a college budget, wanna keep the total around 600-700. Any suggestions? Oh and I want it at 2.5 inches.

dannymalkin

Regardless of which lift you choose, you will want to make sure it is complete with all needed components.

To know what you will be happy with we have to know what you plan on doing with the jeep, mud, rocks, mall? How often do you plan to wheel?

So I'm looking at getting a lift for Christmas. This is my first jeep and a daily driver so I want to do it right. I've looked at RK, Teraflex, Synergy, etc. Since I'm on a college budget, wanna keep the total around 600-700. Any suggestions? Oh and I want it at 2.5 inches.

JMan,

Let me the first to welcome you to the WAYALIFE, please stop by the Give us A wave thread and introduce yourself and your rig.

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

Do you have a 2 or 4 door?

3.8 or 3.6

What size tires are you running now or will run?

Are you going to trim the fenders or buy flat fenders?

R/
Will

jman_12

Hey guys! I have a 2012, so its the 3.6. I currently am running 33s with no lift, but would like to jump to 35s sometime next year. Most of my 4 wheeling is on muddy trails, but I'd like to start doing some rock crawling. Also, I've only been off-roading for around 6-7 months, with making it to trails like 5 or 6 times each month.

TheStick

With your budget a 2.5" BB would do the job and allow for 35's in the future. At a minimum you would want a kit with shock extensions, bump stop extensions, and extended sway bar links. As you go you would be helped also by a new front dive shaft and adjustable front LCA's.

I would personally go with a budget boost to start with and then save for what you really want. I did not and SWMBO is not pleased that in the span of 18 months I am now on my second lift and talking about a third. Gets more expensive the more you are in. With that being said see if you can find other JK owners in your area that have the different lifts and see which one you like the best and then go from there. Do not be to quick on the draw just get something and find out it sucks. Trust me.

R/
Will

jman_12

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! Theres just too many choices with lifting a jeep... lol. Anyway, I have a 2 door btw and will probably go with teraflex 2.5 inch budget boost and add Bilstein 5100 shocks. Heard that's a good combo

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! Theres just too many choices with lifting a jeep... lol. Anyway, I have a 2 door btw and will probably go with teraflex 2.5 inch budget boost and add Bilstein 5100 shocks. Heard that's a good combo

If you go with the budget boost (spacer lift) and some decent monotube shocks you should be good to go. The spacers do not change the ride quality of your Jeep and the monotube shocks will offer a better ride than the stock hydros. If you are talking about the TF 2.5 spring lift, just keep in mind that TF springs are very stiff, and as a result of that not only will your ride be stiffer than stock (completely subjective as to whether or not you prefer a stiffer suspension and ride), but you will certainly net more than 2.5" from those springs. That's the great thing about the spacers, they will give you exactly 2.5", and alleviate the need to swap out driveshafts, control arms etc that a larger lift requires to do correctly.

thardy

Banned

I also have a 2 door and went the even cheaper route. I picked up a set of springs and shocks off of a 4dr rubicon (18 fronts/ 59 rears) and it netted me about a 1-3/4" lift. Rides 10x better than stock, fits my 285/75s with stock flares with ease, and room to go to 35s with trimming the flares. I'll probably run this setup until I can afford to go EVO! :rock:

Rccrwlr

Take a look at the Rancho lifts. They have a couple 2" and 3" lifts that are in your price range. Cools have been reported to provide a good ride. TF has harsher coils could but the BB is spacers only.

--rccrwlr.

TheDuff

I find coil lifts in the 2.5" range to be a complete waste: the coils normally ride too stiff for me. Most people get much more lift than advertised. A lot of them don't fix the rake and I generally think they are over priced for what you get. With the BB, you get actual 2.5" increase, most have shorter rear spacers to fix the factory rake. You get essentially more for your buck. Even a leveling kit will fit 35's with trimmed fenders.
There are a billion threads on this topic, so info is easily available on various kits to compare.:beer:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jman_12

First off, I've only owned one jeep. I'm looking to get a lift for Christmas, and am currently on a college budget. I'd like to say around 2.5 inches since I have a 2 door. its also auto and is a 2012. I do mostly muddy trails, but am interested in learning rock crawling. Yes, I've looked into RK, Teraflex, Synergy, Clayton etc. but need to stay around 500-700 in total price. Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it!

Top Bottom