Trektop NX Flapping

JKBlackie

I've had a Trektop NX for about 3 months now and I love it. I zipped out all of the windows today and flipped back the front half of the top for the sunrider option, and on the highway, the half that was flipped back started flapping pretty hard in the wind. This has never happened to me and I always use this option. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?

JAGS

Hooked
I've had a Trektop NX for about 3 months now and I love it. I zipped out all of the windows today and flipped back the front half of the top for the sunrider option, and on the highway, the half that was flipped back started flapping pretty hard in the wind. This has never happened to me and I always use this option. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?

Forum member smokinJK is about to throw an aneurism reading your post. Lmao.

As for the top, the fabric was flapping or whole folded back part with frame and all was flapping?? Not sure about the NX, but the actors top comes with Velcro straps for when you are open sunrider. You Velcro to folded back frame portion to the portion that is still secured above the rear doors.

JKBlackie

Forum member smokinJK is about to throw an aneurism reading your post. Lmao.

As for the top, the fabric was flapping or whole folded back part with frame and all was flapping?? Not sure about the NX, but the actors top comes with Velcro straps for when you are open sunrider. You Velcro to folded back frame portion to the portion that is still secured above the rear doors.

Haha why is that?

But both. The fabric is flapping which is causing the frame to rise and fall. There are no Velcro straps with my top.

JAGS

Hooked
Haha why is that?

But both. The fabric is flapping which is causing the frame to rise and fall. There are no Velcro straps with my top.

Hopefully someone will chime in if the straps are the same for the NX.

The guy likes to pick apart everything. Among other things, got rid of his $1300 premium soft top to get a NX cuz the premium was flapping.

JaySC

Never had an issue with the top flapping while folded back...not sure if this helps but I make sure the fabric is not scrunched up underneath the bars when it's folded back.

When the top is closed, I do get a little flapping by the soundbar as Adam pointed out. Throw on a lightbar and the flapping becomes magnified. But with all the other noise my jeep makes I don't pay much attention to it anymore. It's still a great top, imo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had a friend tell me pull my center bar over the sound bar in front of the sound bar and strap it down tight. That fixed the flapping issues for me.
1413597560929.jpg

1413597588619.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I hope smoking v8 doesn't see this thread. Didn't he ditch his last top because of flapping and going with the nx?

I would check the duflunker next the whatchamacallit and see if the thingamajig is tight. Other than that might call Dr Suess to see what Cat says. You know Cat in the Hat.

In all seriousness post up a picture showing exactly what is flapping. I have not had a problem with mine and I have a sport cage. Then again after putting the exhaust on there is not much I hear anymore.

R/
Will

I had a friend tell me pull my center bar over the sound bar in front of the sound bar and strap it down tight. That fixed the flapping issues for me.
View attachment 105838

View attachment 105839

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've also just removed that bar completely and tightened it down some more and mine doesn't flap at all. It snugs up to the two cross bars nicely and keeps everything snug and rattle free. :yup:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I hope smoking v8 doesn't see this thread. Didn't he ditch his last top because of flapping and going with the nx?

F'n shit talkers. I have my trektop in a box at home. I Haven't had a chance to install the thing since I got it on tues. It was take time to go wheeling today or fuss with the top. I left the top in the box and went wheeling. I sold the factory top since it sat too high and didn't play nice with my psc c-pillars or tuffy deck lid when folding it down. Fully aware that both tops are likely to flap.

I did hear that you can put a 1/2" galvanized steel tube in the back and it stops the rear flapping.

I'm gonna have to try positioning the front bar as pictured.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
F'n shit talkers. I have my trektop in a box at home. I Haven't had a chance to install the thing since I got it on tues. It was take time to go wheeling today or fuss with the top. I left the top in the box and went wheeling. I sold the factory top since it sat too high and didn't play nice with my psc c-pillars or tuffy deck lid when folding it down. Fully aware that both tops are likely to flap.

I did hear that you can put a 1/2" galvanized steel tube in the back and it stops the rear flapping.

I'm gonna have to try positioning the front bar as pictured.

Save the packaging. I got dibs. $300.

StrizzyChris

I had flapping on one side and found the cable that attaches to the spring hook was busted. I've been needing to get ahold of bestop to see if they would cover it under warranty

Attachments

• 1413672597863.jpg
    1413672597863.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 102

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I had flapping on one side and found the cable that attaches to the spring hook was busted. I've been needing to get ahold of bestop to see if they would cover it under warranty

Call who you ordered the top from. They will warranty it through the two year warranty but you need to call the company you bought it from normally. At least that's what I have done the three times I've had it warrantied.

Top Bottom