Storage Solutions

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I like bags for everything carried inside the JK, including tools. If you're filled to capacity the bags like to settle in after a few miles and Presto! you've got room for another if you buy something during the trip. I don't like to carry any bags or containers on the outside. They can fall off or open up and you don't know it.:twocents:

Since I deleted the rear seat in my 2dr, I use an action packer storage bin that I have modified with hooks to attach it where the seat used to be. The hooks do a good job of holding it in place. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413747354.272438.jpg

Last edited:

Shamrocked

I also have a 2 door and no need for a back seat. Just the little woman and I. I built a storage box with a drawer. It has 100 lb slides. There was enough room up front to mount 2 8 inch subs. It's all held down with 4 bolts through the tub. If there is any interest I can post up some pics.

Sláinte

JCDriller

I just made a box. I'll be replacing it soon with a newer design to accomidate the springtail solutions side brackets, some & some kind of tail gate table. Also i think I'm going to go to a drawer design so I can access it without unloading gear or the dog.

LeighP

Zippered bags are what I mostly use. :yup:

Yep, me too.....I found an on-line special on two heavy duty equipment bags, they worked out great for carrying and organising gear. One for recovery gear, one as a tool/spares bag.

police-duty-bag-black_2.jpg

Last edited:

Shamrocked

This is the box I made for the back of my 2 door.
39a302b6c0e67fd8d7c79f7e3fbbe6f2.jpg
fd0ff441384a70259e88e3f422dbeca4.jpg
8df2e0081ecef6d5021b932e89bf474f.jpg

Sláinte

SaddleTramp

Remembered this thread after I got an email this morning. The below link is for a sale of a load out bag that I got back this summer that works great and fits in the area behind the rear seat and just in front of the wheel wells in my JKU. The larger bag fits great there and holds my recovery gear, fluids, parts, etc. Not the cheapest option and was offered at a lower price and included a third bag when I got mine but this offer still includes the added backpack.

LBT makes great gear but this is their cheaper "urban" line but still seems very well made. Just passing along if anyone is looking for a similar option.

They also usually have great Black Friday sales each year too to look for.

http://lbtinc.com/fall14/2466devo-kit.html

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I am looking for ideas to store off-road gear in the rear of my JK. What are you guys using? Totes, bins, bags?

I was looking at adventure trailer's stuff yesterday...got there while looking around at tray options for the rear tailgate. They have some good options worth looking at.

Clark Collins

under floor storage

The JK forum that Eddie used to manage has a thread on "under floor Storage" with some great ideas for covered storage behind the rear seats. I used info from this thread to do mine and made it so that extra top panels fold out to make a sleeping platform in my JKU when you push the front seats forward and fold the back seats. Using this type of storage for tools makes it so you can latch or lock it so your tools won't be flying around the cab if you happen to roll your jeep or have any violent accident. Much safer than just having stuff loose in the back even if it is in bags or boxes.

If you are interested and can't find the thread I can take photos of my set-up and post them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robar

The Enforcer
The JK forum that Eddie used to manage has a thread on "under floor Storage" with some great ideas for covered storage behind the rear seats. I used info from this thread to do mine and made it so that extra top panels fold out to make a sleeping platform in my JKU when you push the front seats forward and fold the back seats. Using this type of storage for tools makes it so you can latch or lock it so your tools won't be flying around the cab if you happen to roll your jeep or have any violent accident. Much safer than just having stuff loose in the back even if it is in bags or boxes.

If you are interested and can't find the thread I can take photos of my set-up and post them.
If you want to post pics of your modifications please do, but please respect the rules by not posting links to other forums. Thank you.

Top Bottom