Has anyone had their fox resi shocks rebuilt?

jagerhelix

I've had them about 2.5 years and I'm getting some groaning on my right rear that I think is shock related, then the rear left slowly develops a layer of crud that I can only assume is oil/dirt way faster than the others. Thinking about sending them all to get rebuilt. Is this recommended? Thoughts? They are the fox 2.0 JK tuned remote reservoir for 4-6"

Sent from my Nexus 10 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not fox but I recently had my Kings rebuilt after about 2.5 years and 30,000 miles. I would agree it's the oil leaking out and that you are due for a rebuild. :thumb:

GENREC

Just doing some homework here. I notice Fox makes a couple different kinds of resi shocks, some look rebuildbale, some don't..are ALL/ANY resi Fox shock revavlebale/rebuildbale? or specific models only? IFP definitely aren't right?

I'm interested in this as well. I've had my Fox shocks for about the same time. I don't notice an issue but the Fox site says to have them rebuilt every 10,000 miles for 50/50 street/offroad use. I've probably got 20k on mine.

mrmike

Fox race shocks are rebuildable by many shops. The 2.0 resi shocks I had were not. Special tools that only fox has. Best call Fox. They can do it for you but it may take a while since it's still race season. You pay per shock. I'd suggest doing just the leaky one. They are nice guys. Call them up for more info.

Top Bottom