Questions for the family wheelers?

Slavens

Caught the Bug
1st off i hope this is the correct forum for this !

I've been wheeling all my life and i love it and lucky for me i have amazing 3 1/2 yr old twins that love wheeling also but my question is to you guys is ..

1. When do you think the right age is to start doing the over night thing or maybe even a couple days out on the trail?
2. Anything that happend to you guys that came up with kids that you never would have though of until it happend?

Thank you in advance! Just figured i would ask so i dont have a bad trip and then turn the family off to it when i could have prepared .

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I am willing to bet that your 3 1/2 yr olds would love to go camping. I grew up camping for as long as I can remember and now I have a 4 yr old who loves to go wheeling in the jeep and wants to go camping but we need to wait until her younger sister (2months old) gets older.

I think that once they are potty trained then they would be good to go!

By the way head over to the give us a wave section and introduce yourself.

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-give-us-a-wave

bkac

Caught the Bug
Anytime you're ready, my kids love it and I sometimes think they are more adaptive then myself. It's amazing how much less they need camping then us adults. Just keep them warm and they are good. They'll sleep on just about anything and never complain, I think they're just happy to be camping! I'd bring life jackets just incase you end you near a river or water. Enjoy!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
We had our kids out on the trail as soon as they were able to hold their head well. Then, things died down a bit when they became mobile as their attention span and desire to be bucked in shortened (2-4). Never really came back for my oldest, but my younger son loves wheeling.

As for camping, I don't think there is a wrong age... This said, I don't. While I love being outdoors (cycling, hiking, canoeing, and wheeling) I want a guaranteed hot shower and warm, clean bed to finish my day.

Top Bottom