Got "body" damage?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
As many of us turn our own wrenches on our jeeps, we accumulate a few bumps and bruises. But do you have one that really stands out?

Ill start.
Today a bolt, from the rear passenger shock, dropped on my face. Specifically one of my teeth.

1413846418997.jpg

Now that i look like a hill billy, but fortunately there was no bleeding so I finished up the lift with the help of my friends. I am going to have to see a dentist tomorrow. Lol

Lets hear about yours!

JAGS

Hooked
Oh crap!!!! :eek: That sucks. Totally something that would happen to me, which is why I try to wrench under my jeep as little as possible. Whenever considering mods, I often factor in loss of my work time and possible medical bills into the equation. Usually ends up being more cost effective to pay someone else to do it, while I go to work. :cheesy:

Hope they can super glue that tooth back on. ;)

jesse3638

Hooked
Damn where was this thread when I was installing my lift. I could have taken pics with metal in my eye 2-3 times (yes i was wearing safety glasses) fortunately I was able to flush it out myself and no need for a trip to urgent care. Numerous cuts, bumps, bruises. But thats what I get for installing a long arm kit in my garage on jack stands...haha. The angle grinder that slipped out of my hand while cutting a bolt and only cut my shorts and not my leg. Pushing or pulling on that wrench and saying to one's self "I really should stop before I.....SON OF A....!!!" But after its all said and done I wouldn't have wanted it any other way and I'm going to continue to do it. Its what make my Jeep "Mine" and a Wayalife!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Oh crap!!!! :eek: That sucks. Totally something that would happen to me, which is why I try to wrench under my jeep as little as possible. Whenever considering mods, I often factor in loss of my work time and possible medical bills into the equation. Usually ends up being more cost effective to pay someone else to do it, while I go to work. :cheesy:

Hope they can super glue that tooth back on. ;)

Lol well arnt you just a bolt on fairy! Not like us real jeepers who build our jeeps from molten steel! :cheesy:

On a serious note, I also hope they can glue it back on.

Damn where was this thread when I was installing my lift. I could have taken pics with metal in my eye 2-3 times (yes i was wearing safety glasses) fortunately I was able to flush it out myself and no need for a trip to urgent care. Numerous cuts, bumps, bruises. But thats what I get for installing a long arm kit in my garage on jack stands...haha. The angle grinder that slipped out of my hand while cutting a bolt and only cut my shorts and not my leg. Pushing or pulling on that wrench and saying to one's self "I really should stop before I.....SON OF A....!!!" But after its all said and done I wouldn't have wanted it any other way and I'm going to continue to do it. Its what make my Jeep "Mine" and a Wayalife!

Damn you could have lost a leg. Glad to hear you made it out of that garage in one piece! And I agree, after working on my jeep all day, it is "mine".

Loading please wait....

pvanweelden

Not sure anyone wants to see again my pic of getting the metal fragment drilled out of my eyeball :eek:

1413854728577.jpg

There's a video also

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Most injuries or "close calls" I never took pics of

Snapped an exhaust clamp bolt, resulting it full force to the eye socket bone right under my eye....few stiches but waited like 7 hrs at the ER

My left index finger seems to be the problem child anymore, working on an older motorcycle I sliced the top of the knuckle deep on a rusty dull piece of metal which didn't stop hurting for a few days. Ill have to find a pic of that.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Weekend bump! Feel free to share your stories. I got my tooth repaired a few a few days ago with just a cap. Will probably have to get a root canal done in two years or so. :eek:

Loading please wait....

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Return now to 1975. My friend Bob and I were stripping my '48 CJ prior to putting a 350 Chevy and 4 speed into it. We were dropping the stock tranny and he was underneath. You can see this coming, right. As the last bolt is coming out he asks, "You got a good grip on the shift lever?" I did. Except most of the grip was the shift knob which immediately stripped and the lever is tapered so all I did was slow the descent somewhat to a direct hit on his forehead. He went lights out for a short period of time, but suffered no lasting injury. I guess some folks would disagree with that.:cheesy: Classic case of head up ass for me. Trust me, is real dark in there.:yup:

Top Bottom